Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

boy & earrings?

Posted by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:49 PM
  • 41 Replies

last night when my kids come home from their dad's my 7 (almost 8) year old told me he wanted to get his ears pierced like my boyfriend's. i'm not exactly sure how i feel about this. i mean i love them on my boyfriend but not sure how i'd feel about them on my son. what are your thoughts? also i don't really have to discuss or take into consideration  this with my ex bc he's not his real dad but  has been around since he was born. 

by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I think that if you would allow your daughter to pierce her ears at that age, then you should let your son. 

**If you had a daughter**

minisupreme
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:54 PM

i do have a daughter but i pierced her ears when she was 6 months old

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I think that if you would allow your daughter to pierce her ears at that age, then you should let your son. 

LoveMyBoyK
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
If your daughter can have them, your son should be allowed, IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minisupreme
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 6:59 PM

i kind of thought the same thing. and he's almost 8 so i feel like he can make that decision too. he's old enough. i'm afraid my ex and his mother would make all kinds of mean comments to him. 

Quoting LoveMyBoyK: If your daughter can have them, your son should be allowed, IMO.

Blue462
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 7:00 PM
I would probably prefer if my DS were older. Like maybe teenage years older. However I know my DH will not let our son get his ears pierced while he is living under his roof. He is sort if old fashioned about that stuff.
I think it's a personal choice for everyone. No right or wrong age for it.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 20, 2014 at 9:10 PM

If you allow your daughter then your son does as well.  I personally don't do piercings until they're old enough to ask.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:02 PM

Then you have your answer. If your daughter is allowed to pierce her ears, then your son should be able to as well. 

Quoting minisupreme:

i do have a daughter but i pierced her ears when she was 6 months old

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

erinsmom1964
by Gold Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM
My son's who are now 29...25...24...all had one ear pierced before they reached kindergarten. Their only complaint was why I didn't do both but in the late 80s early 90s guys didn't do both. They all added the other. IDK. what the big deal is.
fullxbusymom
by Member on Aug. 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Two out of my 4 kids got them pierced at that age.  They have very small earrings and it looks great on them. 

minisupreme
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Thanks ladies. I just wanted some outside, unbiased input. I feel like he's old enough to make that choice and like you said my daughter has hers even though I made that decision when she was 6 months old. And my boyfriend and brother both have theirs pierced, which is where he got the idea I'm sure. To say no would be a double standard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN