Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Speaking of earrings, what about those tunnel earrings?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM
  • 165 Replies

What do you think about the tunnel earrings? Are they on the way out now? Why would people get these?

(the picture is from google, by the way)

by on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperTT
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:13 AM
2 moms liked this

They're called guages and I have no idea... someone I work with has them and when he takes it out it looks so disgusting 

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I've never seen them when taken out other than a tech at a doctor's office.  I had never seen them before and asked him about them. They looked OK on him, just to my mind, odd. The last time I went there,  the guages were gone and there was just a small scar. I don't know if a person has to do something special to make them close up or what.

Quoting SuperTT:

They're called guages and I have no idea... someone I work with has them and when he takes it out it looks so disgusting 

SuperTT
by New Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, I would imagine it would take a long time or some sort of procedure to get it to close up. 

Quoting Bmat:

I've never seen them when taken out other than a tech at a doctor's office.  I had never seen them before and asked him about them. They looked OK on him, just to my mind, odd. The last time I went there,  the guages were gone and there was just a small scar. I don't know if a person has to do something special to make them close up or what.

Quoting SuperTT:

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:29 AM

For the big ones I would imagine that surgery would be needed. :(

Quoting SuperTT:

I don't know, I would imagine it would take a long time or some sort of procedure to get it to close up. 

Quoting Bmat:

Quoting SuperTT:

-42-
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:30 AM
They smell awful, lol. And yes, for the big ones they have to get surgery to close them.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:31 AM

Those are not earrings.  Those are gauges and they are nasty as hell. 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM

The ENT I worked for had to sew up just ripped ears from earrings, let alone that.  Yes, they have to have surgery if they want them closed but they still look like shit.  You can't fix them once you do that to your ears. 

Bmat
by Barb on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:34 AM

Nasty in what way? Ugly? getting infected?

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:37 AM

The tissue dies on the inside and stinks. 

Quoting Bmat:

Nasty in what way? Ugly? getting infected?

Quoting atlmom2:

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 22, 2014 at 10:38 AM

It is black too if removed where the ring is because it dies and stinks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)