Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Vaccines, did you or did you not?

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:41 PM
  • 111 Replies

My daughter is approaching age 3, and that means its time for another shot. I think i am going to skip the rest of the shots she "needs" because i dont think they will beneift her much. WHo has skipped vaccines? Who hasnt? What are the pros and cons?

by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:13 PM
3 moms liked this

We vaccinate and on time.  One child has asthma and I can't live in fear of him getting something like whooping cough.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Mine are 20 something and the are up to date with everything that was available for them and boosters.  Only one I didn't do and won't do is the HPV vaccine.  They are old enough to decide now obviously but they agree with me not to do it.  My oldest that never lived in the dorm didn't do the meningitis shot either. 

booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:24 PM
4 moms liked this
We vaccinate fully and on time. It's best for the children and the community as a whole. The miniscule risk of an adverse reaction to a vaccine is nothing compared to what the illness can do if they are unvaccinated and get them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:33 PM
5 moms liked this
No vaccinations here. Just because you get your kids shots does not make them immune. If there is huge out break your kids can still get the disease.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Odds are they won't, or a mild case and not horrible.  Mine have been around kids with chicken pox a ton of times and never got them.  My niece and nephew had horrible cases of them.  Very very bad.  They had no vaccine. 

Quoting waytomanykids10: No vaccinations here. Just because you get your kids shots does not make them immune. If there is huge out break your kids can still get the disease.

jackiewal10
by Gold Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this

All ofmy kids had some.  Then we stopped.  After researching, I no longer care to follow through.

MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2014 at 8:42 PM
I did, but if I could go back, I would start later and be selective about what was given and how many at one time.
Bleacheddecay
by on Aug. 26, 2014 at 10:06 PM

My kids are 20 something too. They each researched, as did I the HPV vaccine. They both got it and the menegitus one. They are fully up to date on all vaccines.

IloveNCIS
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:00 AM

My 8 yo is fully vaccinated but I'm not sure we will continue.

Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:34 AM
8 moms liked this

You already started, you need to finish, do the responsible thing and keep her protected! Good grief, vaccinations have saved so many lives, I can't understand why anyone would hesitate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)