Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Someone please help I'm going crazy!

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM
  • 12 Replies
My daughter has been potty trained since right before her 2nd birthday (June) and she went and stayed a couple days with her grandmother last week. Well her grandma took her out of town and decided to put a pull up on her for the car ride and while she was out in public and now it's like she was never potty trained at all! I dont know what to do to fix it and I dont know how to bring it up to her grandmother
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NOLAdy
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:11 AM

No need to bring it up to grandma', she didn't do anything out of the ordinary.  Just go back into potty training mode, and get her back on track.  It's no big deal.

mysticlily
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:14 AM
3 moms liked this

I would kindly tell her grandmother to never place a pull up on her again because she is fully potty trained. Do not do it for the convenience for yourself because you'd rather be lazy instead of stopping so she could pee/poop. Not saying that to be mean, I know I wouldn't want pull ups placed on my DD if she was fully potty trained. Now the other issue, I would just stick big girl undies back on her and keep at it again. It's hard but that's all I can think to do!

simplysam1702
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Grandmas been ask to not do it before. And this happened before but the first time it I got her back on track fast, this time she's being stubborn. The reason I think something needs to be said is because dd spends a lot of time there. She loves her to death, ask for her all the time but if it keeps going this way, for my sanity, I can't keep dealing with it and it will effect dds relationship with her grandma. I don't want that.

Quoting NOLAdy:

No need to bring it up to grandma', she didn't do anything out of the ordinary.  Just go back into potty training mode, and get her back on track.  It's no big deal.

NOLAdy
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:28 PM

I understand what you're saying, but it's only been two months, she was potty trained in June.   Also, I wouldn't have a problem with my mom or my MIL using a Pull Up diaper if it made watching my child a little easier for them.  They went on a road trip, it's not like they were at home and could easily change and clean clothes.   To me, it really is not that big of a deal.   She wasn't completely trained if a couple of days with Grandma caused her to revert back to square one.  It will happen, don't worry, they all catch on to it eventually.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Frustrating. If gma ain't gonna listen anyway I guess that's that. :)

Just keep on truckin mama.
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM
She's still young. Be sure she has access to the potty and can can get in and out of her clothes easily. It works better if they train themselves with gentle reminders.
CaptNumo9
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:36 PM

The ups and downs of potty training. It seems that set backs like these are par for the course. It sounds like you know what to do. Have you thought about waiting a couple months before she visits Grandma? Or maybe encouraging Grandma to stay home and potty train your way for a while? Blessings mama!

simplysam1702
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:32 PM
She has been completely potty trained since June. We have been in the car for 5+ hours at a time and never had this problem..

Quoting NOLAdy:

I understand what you're saying, but it's only been two months, she was potty trained in June.   Also, I wouldn't have a problem with my mom or my MIL using a Pull Up diaper if it made watching my child a little easier for them.  They went on a road trip, it's not like they were at home and could easily change and clean clothes.   To me, it really is not that big of a deal.   She wasn't completely trained if a couple of days with Grandma caused her to revert back to square one.  It will happen, don't worry, they all catch on to it eventually.

simplysam1702
by Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:36 PM
She hasn't had any accidents or anything and it's usually isn't a problem unless she puts a pull up on her. I dont know if dd it just testing her limits or what. Her grandma is really good and even helped potty train her, she just doesn't trust her in the car for more than 30 mins. She has an expensive car and understandably doesn't want pee all over it.

Quoting CaptNumo9:

The ups and downs of potty training. It seems that set backs like these are par for the course. It sounds like you know what to do. Have you thought about waiting a couple months before she visits Grandma? Or maybe encouraging Grandma to stay home and potty train your way for a while? Blessings mama!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Set backs happen.  Just start over again. She is still on the young side for potty training.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)