Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Help me understand the papers clearly please.

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:59 PM
  • 11 Replies

The upcoming weekend is Labor day as we all know. So school is out on Monday. Here is what our papers say (word for word) : IFY school started on the 25th. So school is in session now.

Weekends –
On weekends that occur during the regular school term, beginning at the
time the child's school is regularly dismissed, on the first, third, and fifth Friday of each month and ending at the time the child's school resumes after the weekend

Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Standard Possession Order,
if a weekend period of possession ends on or is immediately followed by a student holiday or a teacher in-service day that falls on a Monday during the regular school term, as determined by the school in which the child is enrolled, or a federal, state, or local holiday that falls on a Monday during the summer months when school is not in session, that weekend period of
possession shall end at 6:00 p.m. on that Monday.

"or a federal, state, or local holiday that falls on a Monday during the summer months when school is not in session" This phrase is what makes me question when exactly I return the kids. It is a federal holiday that falls when school is in session. Not during the summer as stated in this paragraph.

So do we keep them until school starts Tuesday? or do we return them at 6 pm on Monday?

by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virgoj3
by New Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:10 PM

6 pm Monday

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 2:47 PM
I read it as 6pm Mon
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:38 PM

6 pm Monday.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:40 PM
6 pm monday.... actually re reading that, I would say Tues morning. If your weekend normally goes until school resumes (ie Monday morning) & the weekend includes the holiday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 4:45 PM
And to add... that really needs to be clarified. Or both parents can just decide which is easier to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 10:59 PM

6pm on Monday.

anotherandree
by Inga on Aug. 27, 2014 at 11:18 PM

It's kinda clear...

Quoting MommyT642:

The upcoming weekend is Labor day as we all know. So school is out on Monday. Here is what our papers say (word for word) : IFY school started on the 25th. So school is in session now.

Weekends –On weekends that occur during the regular school term, beginning at thetime the child's school is regularly dismissed, on the first, third, and fifth Friday of each month and ending at the time the child's school resumes after the weekend

Except as otherwise expressly provided in this Standard Possession Order,if a weekend period of possession ends on or is immediately followed by a student holiday or a teacher in-service day that falls on a Monday during the regular school term, as determined by the school in which the child is enrolled, or a federal, state, or local holiday that falls on a Monday during the summer months when school is not in session, that weekend period of possession shall end at 6:00 p.m. on that Monday.

"or a federal, state, or local holiday that falls on a Monday during the summer months when school is not in session" This phrase is what makes me question when exactly I return the kids. It is a federal holiday that falls when school is in session. Not during the summer as stated in this paragraph.

So do we keep them until school starts Tuesday? or do we return them at 6 pm on Monday?

CafeMom Tickers
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Monday definately

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Lol send them back Monday at 6pm
codfish
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Monday at 6 unless Mom says Tues morning at school. Has dh asked which? Would it be easier on the child to just go to school from your house?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)