Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

"The talk" for boys

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM
  • 4 Replies
My son is only seven and he has told me he is thinking about girls specifically their breasts and butt. I told my son it is inappropriate to look at girls like that and to look at their face. I let hin know that it some times hurts their feelings. Well he told his father today that he looked a girls butt. From what I am getting he isn't thinking anything sexual he is just looking I'm not sure how else to talk to him about this. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate!
by on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
booaura
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Talk to him about sex, respect, privacy, and the value of the human being.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
butzi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 2:36 PM
It is not abnormal for a seven year old to be attracted to girl parts... There are certainly people who understand their orientation before this age. You can talk to him about all kinds of things. Respect, privacy, self control... You can talk about how he feels when he "sees a girls butt" you could even talk about how you feel if/when you are objectified. The most important thing is probably to make sure that you don't inadvertently shame him
ejkdmom
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Yeah, I'm with the "it's normal" thing.  It just has it's place and time.  When he talks with women he needs to look them in the face but when he is looking if he looks at their butts it is OK and normal.

butterflymama21
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 4:36 PM
My son has been looking at butts since she was like 6 months old lol.
He is 7 now and we have had a age modify sex talk. But yes we talk about respecting a women, that sex is preferably for marriage. I tell him he can ask any questions he wants to both of us.etc etc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)