Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Should I be concerned?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM
  • 10 Replies
My son is 11 months old and he isn't walking on his own yet, not even a few steps. And he isn't talking, at all. Should I be worried :(?
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I wouldn't be but you can always give the doc a call if you are.  Normal age for walking is between 8 and 18 months.  Talking varies from child to child.  You could get his hearing checked because that can effect verbal skills.  But he is still very young so honestly I would not worry.

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I'm glad to hear that, I was starting to get a bit worried because I have a 9 month old niece and she stands on her own without holding onto anything, and she says a few words so I felt my son was behind. Thank you for responding and putting my mine a bit at ease !

Quoting -PB:

I wouldn't be but you can always give the doc a call if you are.  Normal age for walking is between 8 and 18 months.  Talking varies from child to child.  You could get his hearing checked because that can effect verbal skills.  But he is still very young so honestly I would not worry.

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Never compare your child's millstones to another's. You have a year check up coming up, you 'll fill out the form and then you can talk to doc about it.

Quoting LilyRuiz213: I'm glad to hear that, I was starting to get a bit worried because I have a 9 month old niece and she stands on her own without holding onto anything, and she says a few words so I felt my son was behind. Thank you for responding and putting my mine a bit at ease !

Quoting -PB:

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:05 AM
You're right I think comparing will drive me insane. I will definitely bring it up at the year check up. Thank you !!

Quoting Momofmenagerie: Never compare your child's millstones to another's. You have a year check up coming up, you 'll fill out the form and then you can talk to doc about it.

Quoting LilyRuiz213: I'm glad to hear that, I was starting to get a bit worried because I have a 9 month old niece and she stands on her own without holding onto anything, and she says a few words so I felt my son was behind. Thank you for responding and putting my mine a bit at ease !

Quoting -PB:

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:07 AM
None of my kids walked until 14 months.
LilyRuiz213
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:08 AM
I think that's a good age to start walking :) how many children do you have ?

Quoting Mom2Just1: None of my kids walked until 14 months.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Two boys. I'm also 34 weeks pregnant.

Quoting LilyRuiz213: I think that's a good age to start walking :) how many children do you have ?

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Congratulations :) are you hoping for another boy or a little girl ?

Quoting Mom2Just1: Two boys. I'm also 34 weeks pregnant.

Quoting LilyRuiz213: I think that's a good age to start walking :) how many children do you have ?

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:15 AM
It's a girl. We would have been happy either way.

Quoting LilyRuiz213: Congratulations :) are you hoping for another boy or a little girl ?

Quoting Mom2Just1: Two boys. I'm also 34 weeks pregnant.

Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:30 AM

My dd didn't start taking steps until after 1 years old & also wasn't really talking much at that age. I wouldn't worry but maybe talk to your pedi about it at his next appt.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN