Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

smoking in the car with children?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM
  • 254 Replies
1 mom liked this

how do you all feel about smoking in the car with children?

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:39 PM
21 moms liked this
I think it is sad....same as with smoking in the house. They have no choice but to breath it in
saramom1988
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:59 PM
28 moms liked this

it should be illegal

trulyblessed618
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 11:02 PM
Don't agree with it...
Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 1:04 AM
4 moms liked this
I think it's absolutely disgusting. And where I am it is now illegal to smoke in the car with kids. Not really sure how they enforce it tho....

Quoting saramom1988:

it should be illegal

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 1:34 AM
4 moms liked this

Smoking while pregnant or around children is plain wrong.  Dh had to smell smoke from both parents at home and in the car until he moved out.  Yuck.  My parents didn't smoke, thank goodness.  Dh's Dad died and smoking complicated things.  Luckily dh's Mom quit about 5 years ago.  Finally!!!!  She also never smoked in the house the last 10 years she smoked. 

blinker612
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:17 AM
3 moms liked this
I'm pretty sure it's illegal where I live now.

Either way you shouldn't do it. I don't know how many times I've been burned by flying ash in a car both as a kid and as an adult.

Also it sounds dumb but myself and plenty of other people I know have dropped cigarettes while driving and then your looking around to see if you caught the damn car on fire or freaking out because you burnt yourself. That's just dangerous. Sure I'm an adult and if I wanna put my idiot self in harms way fine, but I wouldn't do it to a kid.
amichelle28
by on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Dh and I both smoked before I got pregnant but It makes me really mad when I see people smoking around kids I don't think anyone should be forced to breath in smoke even though I enjoy it.
Chirinos
by Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:29 AM
4 moms liked this
I am totally against smoking period. It's discussing and bad for your health.
chairhead28
by Silver Member on Aug. 29, 2014 at 6:32 AM
19 moms liked this
As a former smoker (I am 8 months pregnant so I'm not smoking now, and plan to stay not smoking after she is here), I think it's disgusting. I never smoked in my car with my kids, nor did I ever smoke in the house. When I did smoke, my kids were either inside the house, or were playing on the playground at the park while I sat by my car to smoke. It doesn't take long to move away from the general area that has children (or adults, really. I never smoked around people that also weren't smoking).

My mentality was, it's MY habit, no one else's. Why should they suffer, too?
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Aug. 29, 2014 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Smoking is disgusting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)