Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

My 4 yr old keeps 'tickling' my 'privates' in public! How do I correct him quickly and quietly?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:14 PM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

My four yr old son, keeps tickling/ grabing my private parts in public. I usually get down to his leve and whisper to him "NO, you will not touch me there and you will not be allow to _______ when we get home. If you do it again you will ______(usually stand in the corner)."

I have been consistant but it isn't working. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:46 PM
Thats a red flag has someone touched your child privates hope not i would make tickling off
Limits
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newmommytobe403
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:51 PM

BUMP!

newmommytobe403
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 12:54 PM
2 moms liked this

thats a major red flag that he may have been touched inapropriately or he very well could have seen somewhere. i would make tickling completely off limits and maybe some counceling. good luck momma. i hope you can get to the bottom of this.

MamaLauri
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 1:06 PM

At 4 he is old enough to know you disapprove, and is doing it to get your attention.

You need to provide him with a replacement behavior to get your attention. But you must give attention when he does the approved replacement behavior for this to work. Even if only for 30 seconds.

Once that is in place, step up and carry through, if necessary, the negative consequences. Remember he is doing it for a reason, so do not only give negative.

-PB
by Gold Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:00 PM

This...

Quoting strictmomhere: Thats a red flag has someone touched your child privates hope not i would make tickling off Limits

If you haven't had the "good touch, bad touch" conversation do that asap.  If you have, have it again. 

somuchlove4U
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:08 PM
This. He has learned the behavior from someone.

Quoting strictmomhere: Thats a red flag has someone touched your child privates hope not i would make tickling off
Limits
opinionatedmom
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:09 PM
My thoughts too

Quoting strictmomhere: Thats a red flag has someone touched your child privates hope not i would make tickling off
Limits
cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:19 PM
5 moms liked this
Kids are just naturally curious at that age. They have now figured out that men/boys and women/girls have different parts and are just curious. I wouldn't jump to the "he has been touch or is getting it from somewhere". You need to sit him down and have the "appropriate/not appropriate touch" conversation with him. You are doing the right thing by stopping him and telling him not to. But maybe you need to be more serious with him.
grey7399
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

WTF??????  Not normal.  Not normal at all. 

nova.mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 3:32 PM

They are at a 4 yo's eye/hand level.  When it happens, tell him to tickle anther body part(leg, knee, etc) instead, don't tickle him near his 'privates' or bottom.  Take his hand in yours, give him a moment or so of you attention to just him.  Tell him if it happens again he will lose or do whatever of an hour.  The next time for a day, then 2-3 days, etc. and enforce the 'punishment' every time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN