Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Have you ever had physical therapy?

Posted by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:56 AM
  • 71 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you had physical therapy? I have-  back, knee, elbow.  It helped greatly.  Have you had PT? Did it help?

by on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovleopards
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 10:58 AM
I have for a pinched nerve in my neck. It didn't help :(
awbredux
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I badly injured a knee in a cheerleading routine in college.  Physical therapy worked wonders!  

booaura
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes. I was in a very bad car wreck when I was 16, I had multiple broken bones, torn ligaments, and muscle damage. I spent more than 6 months in physical therapy, and now have no lasting issues :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM

I am sorry that it didn't help! Are you still in pain?

Quoting lovleopards: I have for a pinched nerve in my neck. It didn't help :(

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Great!  I had surgery on my knee a few years ago. The PT helped the knee heal properly and now I wouldn't know it had ever had surgery.

Quoting awbredux:

I badly injured a knee in a cheerleading routine in college.  Physical therapy worked wonders!  

MIA0223
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
My son did for low muscle tone and poor head control. From 16 months until 18 months. It helped a ton!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:06 AM

This is wonderful to hear, that you don't have any issues from the wreck. How awful about the accident!

Quoting booaura: Yes. I was in a very bad car wreck when I was 16, I had multiple broken bones, torn ligaments, and muscle damage. I spent more than 6 months in physical therapy, and now have no lasting issues :)

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 1, 2014 at 11:07 AM

I am glad to hear that it helped him so much. :)

Quoting MIA0223: My son did for low muscle tone and poor head control. From 16 months until 18 months. It helped a ton!

lovleopards
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Quoting Bmat:

I am sorry that it didn't help! Are you still in pain?

Quoting lovleopards: I have for a pinched nerve in my neck. It didn't help :(

Sometimes
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

squeakers2
by Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 12:56 PM
I have a few times. I broke my ankle when I was a child, it went unnoticed by drs for a few years before I had to have surgery at 10 to remove a bone chip that had broken off and was cutting the nerves in my foot. The tendons in my foot were stretched to the point of useless. I had to do physical therapy to tighten them back up. It helped tighten the tendons, but almost 15 years after the surgery, I still have problems with the nerve and bone damage. Occasionally, my ankle will just decide to give out and I'll fall flat on my face. The other times were work injuries. Once for my knees when I fell at work and hurt both of them. One knee is fine, the other hurts, but that's from the damage on my ankle. The second time I slipped and pulled the muscles in my back. No back problems that I didn't have before. I'm a walking injury, so ache and pains are normal for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)