Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

What should I do?

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 1:29 AM
  • 14 Replies
I have an 8 month old little girls WIC has switched her formula to similac advance from Gerber good start gentle. Plus she is eating baby food. She is so constipated. Its clumps in her diaper and she cries when she goes. I have given her prune juice, a baby laxative and tried apple juice. She hasn't had really any solid food today and I'm worried its been like this for a whole day where I'm changing her diaper and she has small clumps. What should I do?
by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momaof8
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 1:38 AM

take her to her doc

a_and_j_momma
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 1:59 AM
Are you also giving her cereal? How long has it been since you tried prune juice? Did you try pear?
BabyMomma2017
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 2:04 AM
I give her oatmeal cereal twice a day. I have given her prune juice twice today once in the morning and then once about 4 hours ago. No I have no tried pear and I plan on calling her doctor in the morning.
Bresmom13
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 8:21 AM

Quoting BabyMomma2017: I give her oatmeal cereal twice a day. I have given her prune juice twice today once in the morning and then once about 4 hours ago. No I have no tried pear and I plan on calling her doctor in the morning.

It is most likely the oatmeal binding her up. Try diluted apple juice its alittle less harsher than prune juice for them to drink.

Courtney610
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 8:46 AM
Can you talk to your doctor? I've never been on wic, but I thought that if a doctor wrote a note stating that your baby needed a different formula, wic would honor it.
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Stop giving her baby cereal. Feed her what you eat. See f that helps. Let her feed herself most importantly.
IcedteaLady
by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM

You need to contact her doctor or take her in to see her doctor, it sounds like this could be result of the change in the formula and plus whatever foods introduced to her system. I have been on WIC, and I thought the doctor was the only one that could make this change in the formula, not the WIC office themself. Call her doctor or take her in to see the doctor as soon as you can and let him or her know about this change. I think the doctor has to be the one to contact the WIC office to let them know her formula should be changed . Please let us know of any updates on this situation. I know I would be interested in knowing about the contact between the WIC office and your baby's doctor.

BabyMomma2017
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 12:06 PM
The WIC office changed their contract from Gerber to similac. Our WIC office where I live is pretty crazy. Her doctor doesn't understand why they didn't put her on similac sensitive but they pitched a fit over it.
Quoting IcedteaLady:

You need to contact her doctor or take her in to see her doctor, it sounds like this could be result of the change in the formula and plus whatever foods introduced to her system. I have been on WIC, and I thought the doctor was the only one that could make this change in the formula, not the WIC office themself. Call her doctor or take her in to see the doctor as soon as you can and let him or her know about this change. I think the doctor has to be the one to contact the WIC office to let them know her formula should be changed . Please let us know of any updates on this situation. I know I would be interested in knowing about the contact between the WIC office and your baby's doctor.

MrsBradlySmith
by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 12:07 PM

Take her to the doctor

BabyMomma2017
by New Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 12:09 PM
We normally do give her what we eat. Fresh fruits and veggies and she self feeds. But I give her a little bit of oatmeal cereal in her bottle twice a day once in the morning and once at night before bedtime because it was helping her go.
Quoting Retrokitty: Stop giving her baby cereal. Feed her what you eat. See f that helps. Let her feed herself most importantly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN