Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Ohhh nooo!! Falling leaves already???!!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 9:53 AM
  • 31 Replies

It's only Sept 2, and the driveway is covered with leaves!  I know the song goes "The falling leaves, drift by my window.." But really I am not ready for Fall yet! And it is still hot and muggy out.

Are there signs of Fall where you live?

by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Courtney610
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Not really. I've noticed some leaves are starting to change, but not many. It's still early here. Though I'm excited for it. It's my favorite time of year to go hiking.
lucky2Beeme
by Gold Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Not yet. Well the temps dipping down at nights a sure sign. Makes me incredibly sad. Summer is my season.

heidi749
by Ruby Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, my one maple tree is changing colour, very pretty , but I am so not ready, it is gonna be feeling like 36C, this afternoon here.....

IcedteaLady
by on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I have noticed some leaves falling from the trees here in the area where I live in Missouri, and we had a mild summer till about the last part of August and the humidity and high temps have creeped in. Maybe someone can explain why the leaves are falling off so early in some parts of the country.

cupcake_mom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this
Not yet but I'm so ready lol it's only 10 am here in VA and already 84 degrees out. And it's muggy and humid as hell.
cocoroo
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I have been wearing sweaters and jeans for the last two to three weeks. The locals are saying it is going to be a very cold winter. I'm in southwestern Germany.
othermom
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I am kind of looking forward to it, but the year is going by so fast

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 2, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Is it typical that you would need to dress more warmly this tiime of year in your area? How was your weather last winter?

Quoting cocoroo: I have been wearing sweaters and jeans for the last two to three weeks. The locals are saying it is going to be a very cold winter. I'm in southwestern Germany.

cocoroo
by Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I have only been here since mid June. We moved from Washington state near Olympia. Last winter was very mild from what I have been told. They had no measure able snow which isn't common. I'm not in the mountains, so we are supposed to get more rain than snow in the winter, but should still get some snow. I am told the weather is similar to Seattle.

Quoting Bmat:

Is it typical that you would need to dress more warmly this tiime of year in your area? How was your weather last winter?

Quoting cocoroo: I have been wearing sweaters and jeans for the last two to three weeks. The locals are saying it is going to be a very cold winter. I'm in southwestern Germany.

lapcounter
by Silver Member on Sep. 2, 2014 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I am sooooo ready!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)