Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kid leg pain

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:03 AM
  • 15 Replies
My 4yo says he can't walk because his legs are hurting.
Every morning for the last months has been the same thing.
Each morning on the way to school ( only 10 minutes walk) he cries saying he can't go school because of the same issue. I always assumed it was an excuse and wasn't really concern. I ll make him go in the buggy board and go anyway.
But now he complains about leg pain when I get him from school and in the evening too.
Is this a cause for concern. Should I take him to the Dr? Or is he just growing and it ll pass.
Also any idea in how to ease the pain?
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jemmyeve
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:13 AM
Bump
jemmyeve
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:30 AM
Bump
anyone with a little help?
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:39 AM

Take him to the doctor.   Tylenol or motrin for the pain.   This isn't normal.

lilmama8408
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:48 AM
Pain for a couple days maybe a week is say growth spurt...

But for this long and getting worse I would have had my kid at the doctor already
rosboro5
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 8:43 AM

My son wakes up sometimes crying because his legs hurt so bad.  I've asked the dr they say they are growing pains.  I give him Tylenol and rub his legs, he usually falls back to sleep within 30 mins and is fine in the morning

jemmyeve
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Quoting rosboro5:

My son wakes up sometimes crying because his legs hurt so bad.  I've asked the dr they say they are growing pains.  I give him Tylenol and rub his legs, he usually falls back to sleep within 30 mins and is fine in the morning

that s what i was thinking at first, i remember having growing pain as a child during the night but he has it throughout the day which is why i m starting to thing is it really just growing pain or something else 

Mygirl30248
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM

May be growing pains but I'd take him to the doctor non the less given with how consistant/how many days he has complained of this.

My DD has had growing pains something awful in her knees since about 18 months old & now she's almost 7 years old. I rub lotion on her knees, let her have a lick (yes a lick) of tylenol as it makes her think she is getting medicine & in the last year my SO made her a rice bag that she has by her bed, she will in the middle of the night have me heat it up & wrap it around her knees she loves it & it calms her down very quickly. 

But I'd consult with your doctor on your DS bc he has been consistantly saying it for so long my DD will have it bad for 2 nights then be good for 1.5 weeks it's never been days in a row like you explain with your DS. 

jashley5
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM
My 11 year old was having pain in his legs for about 2 years now. We have been to 4 different Dr. His problems are due to him being flat foot.
AM-BRAT
by Amber on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM

He def could be growing but call his ped and ask.  :)

My kids wouldn't have walked that far at 4 they are turds though.

Babujai
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:56 AM

This seems excessive for growing pains.  I'd take him to the doctor. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)