Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What could be wrong? Mommy guilt

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM
  • 21 Replies

This morning my DD (10) woke up feeling really tired, and sad. She was crying, didn't want to go to school. Normally I would have kept her home, but she missed 2 days last week because she was sick.

She said she didn't know why she feel so upset. I feel guilty because I yelled at her that she HAD to get up, pull herself together and go catch the bus. I called the nurse, who checked in with her and offered she go see her if she feels she needs a break.

Could she be having PMS? She said she's been having trouble focusing in class, zoning out. She's a high achiever, so I know it bothers her she zones out during class.

Does this sound like hormonal stuff? Feeling bad for not acting more sympathetic, but if I did she would have started arguing to stay home. So I was a little tough on her.

Any thoughts??

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:15 AM

BUMP!

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Sounds like it could be hormones.

SnapIt
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Make sure shes not being bullied
Bullied symptoms sound similar
veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM

I hope that's what it is!

Quoting ceciliam:

Sounds like it could be hormones.

veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah! Thank you, I was picked on a lot in school, so she knows to tell me. I don't think that's it, but I'll ask her anyway.

Quoting SnapIt: Make sure shes not being bullied Bullied symptoms sound similar

SnapIt
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:37 AM
I would poke around
Many kids shut down, claim they are sick so not to go to school to go and deal another day with whats happening

GL

Quoting veggiemom474:

Oh yeah! Thank you, I was picked on a lot in school, so she knows to tell me. I don't think that's it, but I'll ask her anyway.

veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I will thank you. I wish I could go get her right now. I feel better that the nurse spoke with her.

Quoting SnapIt: I would poke around Many kids shut down, claim they are sick so not to go to school to go and deal another day with whats happening GL
Quoting veggiemom474:

SnapIt
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM
YW

Thats good that you gave the heads up to the nurse
Sometimes kids will open up to a teacher or nurse

Did she have a temperture? Throwing up?
There is that virus going around too
The one thats making kids really sick, especially asthmatic children

Quoting veggiemom474:

I will thank you. I wish I could go get her right now. I feel better that the nurse spoke with her.

Quoting SnapIt: I would poke around Many kids shut down, claim they are sick so not to go to school to go and deal another day with whats happening GL
Quoting veggiemom474:

rgba
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Could be hormones. Or she could just be overtired from being sick last week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
veggiemom474
by Bronze Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:48 PM

Nope, she wasn't physically sick. Just crying and not wanting to go anywhere.

Quoting SnapIt: YW Thats good that you gave the heads up to the nurse Sometimes kids will open up to a teacher or nurse Did she have a temperture? Throwing up? There is that virus going around too The one thats making kids really sick, especially asthmatic children
Quoting veggiemom474:

Quoting veggiemom474:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)