Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you change your furnishings in the colder weather?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM
  • 20 Replies

I never thought of changing draperies, rugs, and so forth in colder or warmer weather. But a friend has curtains and draperies that she puts up in the fall and she puts warmer rugs on the floors. I do change bedspreads, but that's about it.

Do you do major decorating changes as the colder or hotter seasons approach?

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in South Florida so if we get any cold weather, it doesn't last long enough to make any changes worth it. We do already have insulated curtains up but that's more to block out the heat.
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I usually just change the bedding but I've been thinking about heavier curtains for my bedroom.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Insulated curtains is a good idea to block heat. We have some, and when we got them it was more for keeping out the cold. It finally occurred to us that they would also help keeping out heat.

Quoting MixedCooke: I live in South Florida so if we get any cold weather, it doesn't last long enough to make any changes worth it. We do already have insulated curtains up but that's more to block out the heat.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:09 PM

They might help the heating bill. :)

Quoting ceciliam:

I usually just change the bedding but I've been thinking about heavier curtains for my bedroom.

Courtney610
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I switch the kids’ sheets to flannel in the winter, and then back to regular in the spring. That's about it.
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
No, but we do have double storm windows. None of us likes heavy bedding. We might go to slightly heavier nightwear in the winter.
jilligan362
by Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
We've been wanting to put up a few more insulated curtains. Also been thinking of window wrap in the 5 old windows as well.
Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:08 PM

I like flannel sheets. My mom never used them, so I didn't know about them until my MIL said how comfy they are.

Quoting Courtney610: I switch the kids’ sheets to flannel in the winter, and then back to regular in the spring. That's about it.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:21 PM

I like piles of blankets, but my husband doesn't, so he pushes them all to my side. LOL!

Quoting MusherMaggie: No, but we do have double storm windows. None of us likes heavy bedding. We might go to slightly heavier nightwear in the winter.

Bmat
by Barb on Sep. 23, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I've heard of window wrap but never used it. It sounds as though it would help.

Quoting jilligan362: We've been wanting to put up a few more insulated curtains. Also been thinking of window wrap in the 5 old windows as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)