Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should we move apart??

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:15 AM
  • 77 Replies
I've been married for 8 years to DF, he had a job in the military but was medically discharged. That was back in 2010. Since then we have yet to have our own place, we lived with my mom twice, my brother twice, we moved to Vegas but only stayed two months because he was afraid he wouldn't get a good enough job to pay the rent, so his mother drove from eureka ca, packed up our stuff and moved us in with her. Now finally we are yet again staying with his uncle now. I had a job and was bringing in extra cash, he was working but was forced to quit, because of a misunderstanding with one of the supervisor. So he has only had one job since he got out, and went to school for s little while and that helped with money till he was finished. We still haven't found a place, he constantly drinks, and smokes cigarettes. He won't get help for his depression, and he's lagging on getting his va claim going. I'm tired of it, I've stuck with him because he promised to get a job or go to school to get us out of here. He hasn't.. and now I've lost my job and nothing is changing. I need to get my girls established, he now wants to move back toward his moms at the end of the year. He wants to try to get a job there and get a place, I dont want to. I would rather stay here with the help I have of my parents to watch the kids get another job and get a place for me and my kids. He doesn't, frankly I'm done I'm going to stay here, if he gets a job and a place then ya we will move down there with him, but for now I thinks it's best we stay here. Am I wrong for thinking this?? Sorry for the long post...
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Supernatural971
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 3:23 AM
Bump
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:18 AM
9 moms liked this
I think some time apart will benefit both of you. Have a talk with him and tell him you will consider re-joining him when he gets the help he needs and gets stable.
Supernatural971
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:32 AM
That's the thing, he always makes me feel bad about it .i

Quoting MusherMaggie: I think some time apart will benefit both of you. Have a talk with him and tell him you will consider re-joining him when he gets the help he needs and gets stable.
Supernatural971
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Bump
Supernatural971
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM
Bump
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:01 PM
2 moms liked this

I would move on.  You have given him years to get his life in order.  How does he afford cigarettes and alcohol? 

Supernatural971
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:34 PM
His dad will put money into account for gas and food, but instead he uses it on beer and cigarettes....

Quoting atlmom2:

I would move on.  You have given him years to get his life in order.  How does he afford cigarettes and alcohol? 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Leave. 

Quoting Supernatural971: His dad will put money into account for gas and food, but instead he uses it on beer and cigarettes....
Quoting atlmom2:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I'm sorry!

You want stability for you and your kids and he's not offering it or even thinking about it. You need to start doing what is best for YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN and if that means staying put, then so be it. Let him move on and let him prove that he has gotten better, gotten help and cleaned up and is ready to be a family and someone who contributes.

Courtney610
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM
Wow. Some time apart would be good. How old are the kids?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)