Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My child's teacher joined my gym

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:04 AM
  • 12 Replies

And I now have this utterly illogical fear I'm going to run into her in the shower room.  I know that is crazy, and it wouldn't probably be a big deal even if I did, but like im so obsessed about it I've stopped going to the gym.  My gym's showers aren't private and I just think it'd be really awkward running into someone I know, much less my child's teacher.  It never bothered me when it was a good friend (who went to the gym with me) or complete strangers (like most of my gym).  But.....

Am I as ridiculous as I feel?

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Outspoken.Mime
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I highly doubt the teacher is going to give two licks about what you look like naked.  To stop going to the gym for that is silly to me.  If its that important, don't shower there and shower at home?

BayleeLovesArt
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

I highly doubt the teacher is going to give two licks about what you look like naked.  To stop going to the gym for that is silly to me.  If its that important, don't shower there and shower at home?

1) I swim there and you have to shower before the pool

2) i often have to go to the gym when I have childcare for my infant, which means I go straight from the gym to other errands

Outspoken.Mime
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Quoting BayleeLovesArt:

Quoting Outspoken.Mime:

1) I swim there and you have to shower before the pool

2) i often have to go to the gym when I have childcare for my infant, which means I go straight from the gym to other errands

Alright.  Well I am still sure she doesn't care at all about you in the shower, any more than she cares about anyone else in the shower

Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Why don't you just go while your child is in school? Then you know that the teacher can't be there.
BayleeLovesArt
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Quoting Elyssa414: Why don't you just go while your child is in school? Then you know that the teacher can't be there.

She's the art teacher and only works 3 days a week, and the days rotate based on the art schedule

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:04 PM

I wouldn't take a shower in a public shower anyway, but I wouldn't fear you seeing her teacher.  You can still shower right before you go.  You do not have to shower there.  I am sure they don't have shower police. 

Elyssa414
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Bummer! Lol

Quoting BayleeLovesArt:

Quoting Elyssa414: Why don't you just go while your child is in school? Then you know that the teacher can't be there.

She's the art teacher and only works 3 days a week, and the days rotate based on the art schedule

BayleeLovesArt
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Quoting atlmom2:

I wouldn't take a shower in a public shower anyway, but I wouldn't fear you seeing her teacher.  You can still shower right before you go.  You do not have to shower there.  I am sure they don't have shower police. 

I don't think taking a shower in a locker room is a big deal, it's all women.  I'm extremely modest around men, but other women just ain't no thang to me.  But somehow it being a woman I "kind of" know, one of my kids' teachers in particular, is freaking me out more.

Bmat
by Barb on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Of course your feelings aren't ridiculous. Would it be possible to just wait until you get home to shower? or to schedule in your gym time so home will be your next stop so you can shower then?

BayleeLovesArt
by on Oct. 16, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Ultimate irony.  24 hours after I posted this I run into her literally AS im showering.  In the end it was awkward but not so bad.  A quick hello, oh you use this gym now (even though i already knew it), and we went on abotu our business.  Awkward but not killer.  I survived.

But REALLY funny that it happened so quickly after me posting about freaking out about it.  Nothing like running into your child's teacher while your BOTH completely in the buff lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)