Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fb post about my son

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:10 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
What would be the right thing for me to do if my son's ex girlfriend is posting statuses on fb about my son. She is attacking his faith and throwing the fact he goes to Church at him. She doesn't specifically name him but I know that she is referring to him. The thing is that the last time they broke up she did the same thing. It took him so long after that to want to go to Church again. He even started to question the existence of God. My son is only 16 and this girl is 15. It really angers me. She claims that he is judgmental because he doesn't like smoking marijuana and doesn't like to be around people who do. He also asked her to dress modestly and she refused so that is one of the main reasons why he broke up with her. I'm so angry and I want to protect my son.
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
codfish
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Why is she allowed in yours and your families lives? Ignore her, block her on fb, and move on.
offrdngal
by Terri on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:19 PM
I was thinking the same thing.
Why are letting her have this much control over your emotions? Block her from your fb pages and your lives. End of story.

Quoting codfish: Why is she allowed in yours and your families lives? Ignore her, block her on fb, and move on.
anotherandree
by Inga on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Like others have said, ignore her.  Also, it is really common for teenagers to start questioning their faith (and everything else!).  Teenagers will casue drama on FB, Twitter, Instagram, and every other social network so you need to talk to your son about how to ignore it and move on.

Mena929
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Doing nothing would be the right thing to do. If you go all nutso on her on FB it would just make things worse. You both should just ignore her. Block her on FB and then you don't have to see it.

weavermommy2013
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Seriously the best thing to do is turn the other cheek because you can't stop her from acting the way she does. Just tell your son that this is something you and your family can learn from and move on. 

Courtney610
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Walk away. Block her on FB.
peace1234
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Uugh I'm not sure why I was allowing myself to get sucked in to the drama! She is now unfriended and blocked. Guess these are just lessons for all of us to learn. Thank you all of you.
Nolanzo
by New Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 2:49 PM

My son left facebook at 15 for a lot of the same reasons... teens are absolutely brutal and unless she is specifically calling him out by name, I doubt there is much that can be done.

Sorry :(

Sydel
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:56 PM

You both need to block her.

AM-BRAT
by Amber on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Agree!!

Quoting Mena929:

Doing nothing would be the right thing to do. If you go all nutso on her on FB it would just make things worse. You both should just ignore her. Block her on FB and then you don't have to see it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)