Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

iI Need Help Deciding

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM
  • 9 Replies
Well today when I'm done with classes I will be making my first bank account. The 2 banks I have to choose from are Bank of America and PNC. I can't decide which to go with because it's my first account. Any of you ladies care to give your opinion and suggestion of which to go with? Highly appreciated!
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Courtney610
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I personally, would find a credit union, not a bank.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:40 AM
Bank of America
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 11:49 AM
I would suggest that you read the reviews for Bank of America before deciding.

I would also suggest that you research credit unions.

Good luck
bigmouthbabe
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Monthly fees on any of the accounts or are they free checking?

Is there any overdraft protection? 

Personally I love Wells Fargo because they have free checking with no minimum balance AND they have a WAY TO SAVE program.  This is a savings account where $1.00 is added to each purchase.  That money is transferred into your WAY TO SAVE account and WA-LA, you have a savings account too!  I love Wells Fargo personally, BUT you may want to see if the options you chose have any of those programs.  ALSO, check to see how many locations are around you.  Convenience is KEY!

smashlybear
by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:06 PM

absolutely do not get an acct with bank of america. find a local credit union or bank that is a truly local company. Not some big giant corporation thats going to gamble with your money in their stocks and charge you outrageous fees 

nattyleilani
by Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM

We use Capital One, and they're pretty fantastic. I would NEVER go with PNC, Bank of America, or Wells-Fargo. They're terrible. Or you can go with a credit union, which would be even better than a bank.

anotherandree
by Inga on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:48 PM

Also, check to see where local branches are (whatever you choose) and also if you travel, that there are branches there too.  We were also careful about if our bank charged for using other's ATMs.  We have always lived away from family and didn't want to be stuck when we went to visit.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 1:42 AM
Do you have any credit union near you?
Ivys_a_Mommy
by Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 9:27 AM
I don't think so
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)