Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it just teething?

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

Tristan has been running a low grade fever 99.0 to 100.0 for a little over a week now. I called the dr and was going to take him in but then I thought I was being dramatic like always so i cancelled it. My question is how long do babies run a fever when dealing with teething?

My MIL is confident that it's just teething and said to just get some Orajel or a frozen teething ring.

Thoughts?

by on Nov. 4, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Nov. 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM
It can be. For the teething pain, try Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets, amber teething necklaces, raw sweet onion rubbed on the gums, and infant Tylenol (or ibuprofen if he's six months or older). How does he seem otherwise? Cranky, etc.? If he's still eating and eliminating normally, and still active, he probably doesn't need an office visit.
funhappymom
by on Nov. 5, 2014 at 9:34 AM

How old is Tristan? It could be teething.

I would use Orajel Natural teething tablets and just keep an eye on him. With a low grade fever like that I wouldn't be overly concern unless there are other symptoms.

amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Since it's been a week, I'd probably go get him checked out just to be sure.  I do agree with the other ladies though, maybe some Orajel would help?

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 5, 2014 at 3:16 PM
After a week I would have him checked. Mine never ran fevers when teething.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)