Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Potty training help?!?!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 8:50 PM
  • 13 Replies
My 3 yr old little boy is potty trained for the most part. He can stay in underwear all day with no problems. At night, How do i go about potty training him while he sleeps? My husband is in Iraq so I am having to do all this on my own . Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Courtney
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CafeMom Team
by Group Owner on Jan. 9, 2008 at 10:13 PM
Hi mrs.hill3642,

In addition to posting your question here, you may also want to join one of the groups on CafeMom and post your question there too.

You may be interested in this group: The Potty Training Moms Support Group!

You can also search for a group based on your interests at:
Find Groups

We hope you enjoy CafeMom!

\The CafeMom Team
BreannazMomma
by on Jan. 9, 2008 at 10:39 PM
you could try cutting out liquids like 3 hours before bedtime, be sure to send him to the bathroom immediately before bed, and try waking him up before you go to bed and send him to the bathroom.  It may sound cruel, but waking him may train his body to wake up when he has to go.  Some kids just can't wake up at night and maybe nighttime pull-ups and patience is all you can do.
Good Luck.
michelle72
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 10:49 AM
Both of my kids did not stop using a pull-up at bedtime and naptime until they were well in their 4th year. My daughter just stopped requiring them a couple of months ago. I think 3 is too young to expect their little bladders to hold it for that long or to wake-up when they have to go.

You could try the other poster's idea of cutting out liquids 3 hours before bedtime and see if it helps.

Click the link below for an opportunity to earn some extra cash!

http://cashcrate.com/215162 

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Rosie1219
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 10:21 PM
I also agree with the other moms advice my daughter is 4 and she just stopped going potty at night.  It just takes some time and it is very normal for him to still be wearing pull ups at night.  Hang in there.
momof2boys097
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
HI THERE. I'LL TELL YOU WHAT I DONE WITH MY OLDEST SON. ONCE I GOT HIM POTTY TRAINED I WOULD PUT A PULL UP ON HIM AT NIGHT. I WOULDN'T ( AND STILL WON'T) LET HIM DRINK ANYTHING AFTER 6 PM (HE GOES TO BED AT 7:30) AND I MADE SURE HE USED THE BATHROOM BEFORE BEDTIME. I KEPT HIM IN A PULL UP AT NIGHT UNTIL I NOTICED HE WENT ABOUT 2 - 3 NIGHTS WAKING UP THE NEXT DAY WITH A DRY PULL UP. YOU REALLY CAN'T TRAIN A CHILD FOR NIGHT, THAT PART WILL TAKE SOME TIME AND REMEMBER EVEN AFTER THEY ARE COMPLETELY POTTY TRAINED... ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN. I HOPE I HELPED A LITTLE.
sawinski
by on Jan. 11, 2008 at 4:17 PM
I would agree to cut the drinks out & taking them to the potty before bed time. Leave a pull up on and when he wakes up in the morning and didn't go potty in his pull-up praise him & let him know that you are proud of him. Praise goes a long way with those little people :)
dawnylou56897
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Pullups my dear or over nights.  This way he feels he is a big boy stil just in case he has an accident.  

let him know it is alright if he has an accident during the night night.

dawnylou56897
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:45 AM

definatly cut the drinks in half before bed.]

JasonsMom2007
by Platinum Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM
it's a developmental thing really. my 5.5 year old still wets the bed. my 2.5 year old does not.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
alexis_06
by AnnaLisa on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:06 AM

cutting out the liquids is the main thing.  my daughter has never really gotten much to drink after 530pm..and even if she does its usually just a teeeeny tin lil sip. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN