Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need help !

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi everyone my daughter has been living a terrible life for about 2 years she is 19 years old he keeps leaving & is just roaming the streets for days with different people and guy & I never know where she is. Anyway I need help deciding what do because she has a warrant out for her arrest for possession if a stolen car she violated her probation & never went back so they put a warrant out. That was back in march they still have not caught her. I can't decide whether to turn her in or not? Can you guys please help me? I've been depressed over the way she lives her life & I feel like she will get hurt but she doesn't care or doesn't realize what she's doing is horrible
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:10 AM
Turn her in! She might need to learn a hard lesson.
Kellyjude1
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 7:50 AM

I am so sorry and can't imagine what you are going through. I think the decision to turn her in has to come from within you.  Have you tried to talk to her? Always let her know that of course you love her and only want the best for her and that you will always be there.  She may not listen to you but she needs to feel that she has someone to turn to if and when she decides to turn her life around.  If you fear for her safety and know she is doing wrong maybe talking to the police may help to get her off the streets.  Of course, I am sure jail isn't that much better but at least you would know where she was and that she was a little safe.  Don't give up as hard as this may be.  If possible therapy or counseling may help if she is willing to allow it.  Right now I think most important is for you to assure her that no matter what you love her and your there for her, but she needs to turn her life around.  I hope things get better...Hang in there. 

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
You need to turn her in so she will get the help she needs. By not turning her in, you may be breaking the law yourself.
CaptNumo9
by on Nov. 10, 2014 at 5:19 PM

I am so sorry you are struggling. The longer this goes on the worse it gets. Can you encourage her to turn herself in? That might go a long way. Does she want to change? Does she see the bad choices she is making and regret the consequences she is and will continue to face? Do you have a counselor to talk to? Sometimes that is really helpful. Hugs!  - Cookin'Quiltin

MaryAretta
by Member on Nov. 10, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Turn her in. She would be some what safe in jail and u would know where she is. Tough love. Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)