Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED MOM ADVICE!!!

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

stupid question but has anyone else's baby start crying/screaming at the same time every day?
My daughter is almost 1 month. She always starts crying at 8 in the morning and it turns into screaming until 9. i will feed her, change her, lay her down, hold her, EVERYTHING!!! It doesnt work, then she just calms herself down after an hour and goes to sleep. I think its colic, but her doctors are worthless; one said she has reflux, another said its nothing. So i was just wondering if it could be colic, or just a normal thing. Any advice or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Momlove4eva
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi there.. It could be a few different things. If she's crying at the same time everyday than think of what she does right before the crying starts. Is it right after she wakes up? Her stomach might be hurting at that time or other parts of her body . Maybe she's cold or hot. I would just keep a log everyday from morning to night & go from there'. I'm sorry that your baby is crying I hope you find out why. Good luck
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My youngest screamed for weeks from 10 till midnight every night. Nothing I could do for her. It finally stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 1:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Have you tried the drops they sell over the counter for colic? I know how bad it can get, I used to care for a baby that cried non-stop every afternoon, he eventually outgrew it. I had a friend whose baby cried so much the nieghbors called social services. HUGS

jennk321
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 1:55 AM

thanks everyone! (: 

her doctor said hed feel more comfortablw if i didnt give her gas drops, well hes not with her 24/7. hes worthless haha

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Wear her in a sling or wrap. If you are nursing, you might be dealing with overactive letdown/oversupply, which can be managed. Kellymom.com has information on this.
The_Doodle
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I would try gas drops but with my first she had a certain time of the day for months that she would just cry and cry and nothing we did would stop her. After an hour or two she was done and fine. My second started doing that but turns out she was gassy, but she still gets pissy during a certain time of the day no matter what.

connie45
by Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Gas drops worked for my daughter. I would also put her in the swing or put her in her carseat on top of the running dryer.
Retrokitty
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 6:48 PM
It's conpletley normal.

We really need to change our stance on crying, it's an emotion.

No one starts freaking out of their baby starts laughing, so why do we do it when crying? Just continue to hold her and play with her. No need to stress.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)