Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Custody and half siblings.

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM
  • 12 Replies
My ex and I have two children together. Two girls aged 7 and 5. We split up when the youngest was 6 months old due to him cheating. We both moved on and I have a 3 and a half year old son with my s/o. My ex has not had any other children. We had split custody and I would have the girls all week and he would have them on the weekend. He's now fighting me for full custody. Will the court take into account the girls brother? I always thought all siblings would (and should) be able to grow up together. This whole mess is driving me crazy :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nuts4scouts
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:16 PM

You need to get yourself a good lawyer and ask him these questions.

offrdngal
by Terri on Nov. 24, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Get yourself a good lawyer. Most judges will will try to take in to account whatever is in the best interest of the children. If you have all of your ducks in a row, there shouldn't be an issue. He may get more visitation, but probably not full custody...unless he has a way to deem you as unfit.
StephanieDpls3
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:34 PM
I have a lawyer, his references were great and for the amount I've paid for his services I hope he's good!
He says he's fairly certain that my ex won't get full custody, I guess I'm just really afraid of the possibility. Was hoping maybe someone has been through this before and could share their experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terpmama
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:22 PM
I doubt they'd completely change the custody (him getting full custody)... But I wouldn't be surprised with 50/50
Basicrose
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Unless he can proof your unfit or unable to care for your children, i dont think the judge will pull 2 healthy children out of a loving home they have lived in for years. I dont think you have any worries. Might have to share custody.

motheroprincess
by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:52 PM

wen my mom and dad divorced, she got custody 3 children and my dad got custody of me. i was only 3 at the time so i couldnt tell u why that arrangement was made.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Probably 50/50 maybe. I doubt your other child will enter into the issue of that. I doubt they would give him full custody unless it is deemed you are unfit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StephanieDpls3
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I so hope not. Praying for the best! Thank uo ladies for your input though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Probably 50/50.
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:12 PM
I doubt you will lose custody. I also doubt your ex will get 50/50. I'm sure he will get visitation. Routine and familiarity are big in court
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)