Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your perfect grilled cheese?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM
  • 4 Replies

Do you prefer to have a certain kind of cheese? Do you have to a certain "something" with it?  

My DS loves his grilled cheese with just american cheese but he dips it in ketchup and it must be accompanied with Doritos.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Extra sharp, aged white cheddar, aged gouda, seasoned grilled onions on a grainy, nuty bread dry toasted. I hate the bread with oil or butter on it.

Sometimes I will add roasted chicken to the mix. Nom Nom nom
Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:00 PM

LOL! Your husband's version would not be what I would choose- ketchup and doritos. :(

I like to lightly butter the outside of the sandwich, using whole wheat bread, and thinnish slices of cheddar or jack. :)  Grill until the cheese is melted. tomato soup is good.. hmm, I just realized, this is not that removed from ketchup,  but it is warmed.

Quoting carolina_gal:

Do you prefer to have a certain kind of cheese? Do you have to a certain "something" with it?  

My DS loves his grilled cheese with just american cheese but he dips it in ketchup and it must be accompanied with Doritos.

Asunshine88
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I make my grilled cheese with Velveeta cheese and add pepperoni to it. Its delicious and its the only way me and my son will eat it.
SamMom912
by Silver Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Mayo on sides of bread, lightly, muenster cheese and 2 slices of thick cut bacon..... Mmmmmmm.... And I'm with Bmat on the tomato soup... Which is far enough away from ketchup... LOL... IMO... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)