Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Diastasis recti- tummy forever or I can go back to my bikinis?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone!

I have a 5cm diastasis recti that loves me! I tried phisiotherapy for 3 years in hospitals and womens clinic, I've done my pelvic exercies religiously for over 4 years and....it's just "5cm" now but she is still right there! 

I've come to the point that I want to get rid of it no matter the price and I need advice!!!!!

1.- Is surgery really a solution or the diastasis can happen again?

2.- What's the lowest impact sugery technic to sort it out? I read about abdominoplastia or laparoscopic Venetian blind technique- What's the difference?

3.- What's the better way to put it for my insurance to cover it? I also have an umbilicum hernia, would it help to hidde the diastasis up?

Thank you upfront for any support!

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:55 PM

I've never dealt with this but I heard that surgery is the only way to fix that.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:27 PM
I believe you will need surgery. Your doctor's office should be able to work out how to bill it and the different types of procedures
amonkeymom
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I agree with this.  If it's affecting your quality of life, your insurance shouldn't have any issue paying for repair to this and your hernia.

Quoting a_and_j_momma: I believe you will need surgery. Your doctor's office should be able to work out how to bill it and the different types of procedures

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)