• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 5 year old hasn't pooped in TWO WEEKS

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

My 5 year old has quit pooping! Tomorrow it will be two weeks without a real bowel movement. We went to the doctor last wednesday, she suggested Miralax, so we went out and got that, nothing. The next day we did the miralax with a glycerin soppository, nothing. Friday we took him to the emergency room where he had x rays, they didn't find any blockage, so they sent us home and said it is pyschological, and though they told him, go home and poop, that was about all they did. All weekend he stayed on the Miralax. plus magnesium citrate. We even tried an enema. Prunce juice every day. Lots of fibery foods. Nothing but leakage. Today he leaked into his pants 5 times, he even had to come home from school to get changed. I don't know what else I can try, if it is psychological what do I do? I am open to advice or stories or something... He has been a reluctant pooper for about a year, he had a painful poop and is sometimes leary about trying, but two weeks is ridiculous! HELP!

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this
He needs to see a gastoenterologist asap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Have you done enemas???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Barb on Nov. 24, 2014 at 7:52 PM

Talk to his doctor again. This is a problem. Could it possibly be that he is too conscious that you are monitoring him?  I don't know if it would be possible to not ask or comment?  Good luck with this.

jen-jen99
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:08 PM
2 moms liked this
2 weeks and now just leakage? Sounds like a blockage to me. Get another opinion! Btw- ive been a nurse for 15 years. My opinion is go asap!
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Sounds like a blockage.
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 11:07 PM
I would request a 2nd opinion
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)