Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be upset?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM
  • 43 Replies

Alright so long story extremely short, I forgot to call my sister to wish my niece a happy 1st birthday. And my reasoning is this: I work full time, and go to school full time. I have 4 finals coming up, 3 term papers, and 2 speeches on my plate. For the past 14 days, my son has been sick. And to put the icing on the cake, my mother has been breathing down my neck about everything and anything you can possibly think of. I haven't slept for more then 4 consecutive hours in about 2 1/2 weeks, no exaggeration. I know it is messed up that I forgot to call, but I don't think it means I deserve to be cursed at and "blasted" on fb for being a bad aunt. What do you ladies think?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
djamommyoftwo
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:03 PM
2 moms liked this
You're sister completely over reacted.
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:04 PM
2 moms liked this
She's being ridiculous. The kid is one. She'd rather eat the phone than get a call. She'll never remember, nor do I think she'll care in the future.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilyRuiz213
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM

I feel the same way. How can you overreact in such a way when you didn't even want to have a little cake or celebration, or even buy your own daughter a gift for her birthday? If anything SHE under reacted as a mom.

Quoting djamommyoftwo: You're sister completely over reacted.

CafeMom Tickers

LilyRuiz213
by Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:09 PM

That's my point exactly, and the kicker is, she broke her galaxy so she is using a government issued track phone. Not that its a bad thing, the point I'm trying to make is that because the phone has only about 100 minutes a month, she NEVER picks it up. And she NEVER responds to texts. So why is she so darned upset about me not making contact that she wouldnt have even acknowledged if i did?

Quoting beadingmom17: She's being ridiculous. The kid is one. She'd rather eat the phone than get a call. She'll never remember, nor do I think she'll care in the future.

CafeMom Tickers

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:10 PM

You do not deserve to be blasted. I would just let it go and get a card for your niece.  Sometimes other people forget that they are not the only ones with lives to be lived. That includes family too.

djamommyoftwo
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:12 PM
She was probably feeling guilty about that and took it out on you.

Quoting LilyRuiz213:

I feel the same way. How can you overreact in such a way when you didn't even want to have a little cake or celebration, or even buy your own daughter a gift for her birthday? If anything SHE under reacted as a mom.

Quoting djamommyoftwo: You're sister completely over reacted.

Courtney610
by Silver Member on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:32 PM
She is overreacting.

I also think that blasting a person on social media is extremely tacky, childish and basically ridiculous.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM

Oh please. That is so not okay. My sister and I are constantly forgetting each other kids birthdays. We will call a day early or a few days late but we eventually remember and call. No hard feelings on either side. That is how a healthy relationship works. Don't sweat the small stuff. 

surromama
by Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 1:36 AM
That's ridiculous. The child is one and doesn't care. I wouldn't even remember my name with all that on my plate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2014 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this

That is ridiculous, she is being crazy, and she will raise her daughter to be the same way, what a shame.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)