Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Simplify the Season Challenge Day 5: Take a Breather!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:42 AM
  • 89 Replies

The holiday season is an extremely hectic time for moms. Today's challenge is to take a breather and create some "me time" for yourself! 

Here are some "me time" ideas:

• Start the day by treating yourself. When you have a bunch of errands to run or Christmas shopping to do, start your trip off by going to your favorite coffee or bagel shop with a magazine and relax.
  • Make a lunch date! The next time you are out shopping around lunch time, call a friend you want to catch up with and invite her to lunch.
  • Get lost for a moment. At the end of a long day, grab a book and read for enjoyment. Let your mind take a break from your to do list and escape into a relaxing or steamy novel!
  • Soak off stress! Run a bath, light some candles, and soak in some relaxing bath salts.

wearing crown

What do you do to relax during the holidays? What was the last thing you did for yourself?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a holiday prize pack!

Join our Simplify the Season Challenge! WIN a Holiday Prize Pack!

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 6:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:42 AM
I relax by listening to Christmas music while testing lights or watching a holiday movie.

Been a while but I think I'm going to allow a cheat and have a banana nut muffin.
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:17 AM

I read every night before going to bed. This morning I am having breakfast with a friend at a tea house.

dommad2
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:22 AM
I relax watching holiday movies with a glass of wine
.JuneDiva629.
by Platinum Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM
Once a week I take a long hot bath.I also like to read.
KyKellyKim
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I love to watch my favorite Christmas movies and drink hot chocolate while curled up on the couch under a soft, cozy blanket. 

heldcaptiveby2
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:26 AM
I try to take a break, when I can.
I relax by, taking a hot bath, and reading a good book.
Gardeningmom4
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I make myself a homemade latte.I had one just yesterday.

caryherrera
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm only relax when I go to bed unfortunately.
DevinAnnesmom
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I relax by watching my shows all by myself after everyone has gone to bed.
The last thing I did for myself was yesterday when I got a dr pepper from Sonic after dropping the kids off at school.
rocrobin90
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM

I relax by watching movies on tv while Im sitting on the couch. I dont remember the last thing I did for my self. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)