Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hate having a sick child. Hard not to worry.

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:49 AM
  • 12 Replies

Trying not to worry to much. My son who is 6 was running a fever all days yesterday even while giving meds. It was like everytime a new dose or even before it was time it would spike higher and higher. it got to about 104. That is not like him. He has been sick but his fevers are never ever that high . He is coughing and sounds horrible and his vocie to. He is asthmatic and his heart was beating so fast. Called the doc and they said just to watch him since his temp did go down while on meds. Had a rough night last night he slept with me and he tossed and turned and whimpered all night. He still has a temp not as high still in the 101 though. Now he just threw up. He is just so misrable to. I hope my 4 month old does not get this. We are seeing the doctor today later. Anything I can do to make him more comfortable with his cough ?or help the fever go down? he is in no clothes .

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:21 AM

A fever that high could indicate an infection. My son had all those symptoms when he had bacterial pneumonia.

ThisLife16309
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:01 AM

Yea I am worried about something else going on mainly because of him having such a  high fever at timed and where going on 2 days with a fever. That is so not him, But I also could be parniod with him having asthma everytime he starts this cough my heart beats a bit faster because I know its going to cause issues. He also threw up this morning not sure if it was from coughing or the mucus trying to come up. I feel bad not being able to make it better he is drinking and peeing so thats good.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Sounds like his body is fighting it off. His temp is coming down:
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Fevers fight infection. When mine had the real flu they had a fever for 7 or 8 days. Has he been tested for the flu?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ThisLife16309
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Yes thats a good thing. Just worried me everytime meds would wear off it would get higher and higer each time . On top of his breathing and me having no treatments and his heart beating fast I was freaked because its not like him to run a temp.

Quoting Mom2Just1: Sounds like his body is fighting it off. His temp is coming down:

ThisLife16309
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:27 AM

True they do that. No he has not been tested they want to see him today because of the Asthma and him not have been sick in a while so he had not needed treatments. He also has almost no voice he has to be at almost a whisper

Quoting atlmom2: Fevers fight infection. When mine had the real flu they had a fever for 7 or 8 days. Has he been tested for the flu?

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Poor baby.  Do you have him on nebulizer treatments?  I hope the doc can help you. 

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:00 PM

laryngitis is usually viral

Quoting ThisLife16309:

True they do that. No he has not been tested they want to see him today because of the Asthma and him not have been sick in a while so he had not needed treatments. He also has almost no voice he has to be at almost a whisper

Quoting atlmom2: Fevers fight infection. When mine had the real flu they had a fever for 7 or 8 days. Has he been tested for the flu?

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM
If he has asthma why doesn't he have an inhaler or breathing machine. My son has asthma and those are always on stand by.

Quoting ThisLife16309:

Yes thats a good thing. Just worried me everytime meds would wear off it would get higher and higer each time . On top of his breathing and me having no treatments and his heart beating fast I was freaked because its not like him to run a temp.

Quoting Mom2Just1: Sounds like his body is fighting it off. His temp is coming down:

ThisLife16309
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 2:13 PM

we have a machine we just had not had any issues in the last year so his stuff has expired. inhalers do not work when he is sick with a cough.

Quoting Mom2Just1: If he has asthma why doesn't he have an inhaler or breathing machine. My son has asthma and those are always on stand by.
Quoting ThisLife16309:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)