Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband attacked me in his sleep!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:31 AM
  • 66 Replies

I was violently awakened last night by my husband. I woke up in a headlock and he was scrambling around while holding me by my shoulders and head.... He was murmuring something about cats, he said there was something on me. 

I'm actually very upset (not sure that's even the right word) about this. He scared the hell out of me. Imagine going from a deep sleep to being thrashed around in a headlock. I kept telling him to let me go and he finally did and fell immediately back into a deep sleep. I couldn't sleep though, I stayed up for an hour just laying there. When I finally fell back to sleep I woke up with a jerk and muffled scream when I heard him roll over. 

He's talked in his sleep a lot and a few weeks back I woke up to him shaking my shoulder..but this was pretty scary. I'm 5'2 120 pounds and he's 6'2 195 pounds. He could have really hurt me if he was having a different dream. 

What should we do?

by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Gold Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

He should talk to his doctor about his nightmares maybe or for a little while maybe one of you sleep on the couch. It is not something he is doing on purpose. He is dreaming. My mom has dreams like that sometimes and she will hit and kick my stepdad, while she is dreaming.

ILovemyPaulie
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

PTSD. Is he in law enforcement or the military?

Lottie925
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM
4 moms liked this
#1. You need to sleep in another room until this is figured out.
#2. He needs to call his Dr. asap.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM
He needs to see a doctor today.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I agree with all the other ladies.

Cukimonster
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Ok. I get this is serious. But lol at the mumbling about cats part.

Yeah I would have him ask a doctor. It is possible he could really hurt you. Maybe separate sleeping arrangements for a while? I get why you're upset. It would be scary.

At the same time. If it were me, I would be teasing the hell out of him for whatever kitties he was trying to wrestle off you lol. I had an ex that talked in his sleep. It amused me to no end. Until the night he asked his "mom" to perform oral sex on him.
MumsysGirl
by Member on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Yah consult a doctor soon.

armytriplets
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM
My ex used to do this after drinking a lot. Terrifying!! He hit me in the belly once when I was pregnant! If he drinks, run!
offrdngal
by Terri on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this

Quoting Lottie925: #1. You need to sleep in another room until this is figured out.
#2. He needs to call his Dr. asap.

DrunkenFaeGirl
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this

See a doctor and don't blame him for what he can't conrtol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)