Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

Not Sure What To Do *Angry&Sad*

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 2:39 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hello everyone,
My 9 yr old daughter has been having issues with some friends at school kind of putting her in the middle of their squabbles and also a boy in the same grade and lives down the street from us hit her in the face last night at her AWANA class.  I am extremely pissed about it and trully sad.  I feel sick to my stomach about it for my daughters sake and I don't want these kinds of behaviors to keep continuing....
Amy
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
tsibs12
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 2:53 PM
Sorry to hear what happened to your daughter.  Do the boy's parents know that he not only hit someone in the face, but it was a girl???  I would talk to the boy's parents and let them know of the behavior and how you feel about what happened.  Then, as far as the school drama goes, it seems really sad, but if she isn't able to get through to her friends about not putting her in the middle of their problems and for them to try to communicate better with each other, than maybe she should try to find other friends to hang out with.  One of my friends has an eleven year old daughter who was dealing with a more severe type of this problem.  It got so bad that the parents would transfer her to another school if they could but they live out in the boonies, so it's not possible for them.  I hope this helps, even a little bit.  Kids can be cruel and they have to stand up for themselves if something isn't right and we're not there to help. 
MomsTaxiAndATM
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 2:58 PM
Normally I try to stay out of my childrens squabbles. There are just too many to keep up with. (smile). However I do listen to them & give my advice when I know they are having problems with friends & peers. As far as the boy hitting her in the face though. That is a totally different story.  I would talk to the principal of the school and the teacher. Stay calm, cool & collected & see how they are handling the situation. Are they going to contact the parents of the boy etc. and keep your daughter safe while she is under their watchful eyes? They should make his parents aware of his unacceptable behavior & tell your daughter to avoid him like he was the plague! If she sees him coming, walk the other way! If that doesnt work & he does something  like this again Id contact the parents myself.  If it were back in my day as a kid & a peer  hit me in the face Id knock them the heck out! (This is not my advice..... Im just saying...................
wildncrazykate
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 2:58 PM

If you know who the boys parents are maybe talk to them about it.. Also talk to one of the cordinators of the AWANA class and make sure that they know that this particular boy is doing this!! About the school thing just talk to your daughter and let her know that is does not make her a bad friend if she doesn't choose sides.... I know it sounds mean but maybe these friends are not rear friends at all!!! I am sorry your daughter is going through this.. i hope things start getting better for her soon!!

Katy1025.gif Wedding Blinky! picture by wildncrazykate

Amethistshines
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:12 PM
Thank you for your advice all of you.  I have thought of all those about the boy on talking to the parents, talking to one of the AWANA coordinators and to the school.  I really for now want to talk to the AWANA coordinator and maybe have my daughter there to also tell her what had taken place.  When she told me lastnight she woke me up from sleep when she came home and she was crying.  I really thought I was in a dream mode but tried my best to calm her down gave her hugs.  Now its all stewing in my brain and gut.  I want to lash out at the boy but I know I need to remain calm.
Do I talk to his parents or wait to talk to the AWANA first.  I would also like to see if they have meetings on other nights so she doesn't have to deal with him at all anymore.  Plus he goes over to her friends house and now I'm going to have to take tha privilege away as her friend is not so nice to my daughter anymore(she is one of the girls that has been putting my daughter in the middle of her other friends squabbles)  Its just a nightmare circle and I hate it...
ida123
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Talk to his parents or wait to talk to the AWANA first.I feel sick about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)