Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help!!!

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi everyone I'm new to this group but i really need help! I'm hoping i can get some advice on a very stressful financial situation i am in. My family and i have been on a financial downward spiral since my husband took a big pay cut back in June. We have taken short term loans and exhausted all credit options and now can't pay any of them back. My husband has been looking for a new job but still nothing and i have tried to get financial assistance but still make too much money even though we pay a high rent and have to pay all utilities. Anyone out there have any suggestions? 

by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amantonacci
by Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 1:30 PM

Can you get a place with lower rent? maybe a smaller place?

mag1977
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Not sure it will help maybe your husband can find a city type job. That's what my husband did. We had no help at all and no money time and money was out for us.
Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM

If you are a stay at home mom, maybe you can take in babysitting? Maybe your husband can take any job he can find- even fast food- something to bring in some money.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:39 PM

No, sorry. I hope things get better for you, soon.

othermom
by Gold Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:41 PM

Maybe sell things you no longer need, out grown clothes, cut off cable if you have it, use coupons, shop sales and clearance, call your phone company to see if they can offer any better deals

Nohora
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Sell stuff you don't need on ebay while you look for a job. If you rent, look for a more affordable place. If you own contact your mortgage broker.

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 3:43 PM
2nd job for him. You work part time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)