Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for Moms Advice for Moms

need some advice

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:49 PM
  • 9 Replies
Hi, I am a proud mother of a beautiful 16 month old girl.My husband and I have been discussing baby number 2.Are there any moms who have children 1.5 to 2 years apart.If so do you regret having them so close together...My sister and I are 14 months apart and we have a wonderful relationship.I want my kids to have what we had growing up....Tell me what you think and have expierenced with your children.
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
orange4agua72
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 3:52 PM
I have two daughters one is 30 months the other is 12 months and I'm 14 weeks pregnant with number 3. I've always wanted to have my children close together. My girl's are each other's best friend and they are only 1 and 2. I'm SO happy all of my children are going to be close in age, it will always give them someone to play with and talk to!!
ilovecoffee95
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 4:00 PM
I only have one son but my mom had 3 kids(including me ) in 33 months. We all got along great and diapers,cribs,bottles,... were all at once. We got along well and when the baby came,3 years after the youngest, we were all able to help,Robin
makeitlast4ever
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 4:44 PM
I have 5 children ages 13,11,7,3 and 10 months. When I had my first two sons they were 16 months apart. They are really close and my older son said his brothers are his best friends(Although I think at 13 that may change,lol)
My two youngest are two years apart and they play well together. There is a little sibling rivalry, but my hubby and I try to spend as much time as we can with each one. I think its great to have the children close together, because it seems as though my 7 year old has the most trouble with fitting in. He's not quite old enough to engage in the same activities as my two older boys and he's too young for many of the activities with my younger boys.(He's also the middle child). But he still has his Mommy and Daddy and his older brothers to take up time with him when he's feeling left out.
practicalchick
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 4:45 PM
Mine are roughly two years a part and we loved it!

PRACTiCAL CHiCK

Usborne Books at Home
Independent Consultant

Did you know that January 12 is Penguin Awareness Day?

ChristineM470
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 7:35 PM
I need advice about having a baby with a husband that dose not want one...what do I do with that.  I have two chidren 3 and 6. my 6 year old doesn't live with me she is with her dad in another state and my son that is with me has told me that he wants a baby brother.  I don't know what to do with that because my husband that doesn't look or act his age says that he doesn't want a baby because he is to old I don't know what to do.
ChristineM470
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Quoting ChristineM470:

I need advice about having a baby with a husband that dose not want one...what do I do with that.  I have two chidren 3 and 6. my 6 year old doesn't live with me she is with her dad in another state and my son that is with me has told me that he wants a baby brother.  I don't know what to do with that because my husband that doesn't look or act his age says that he doesn't want a baby because he is to old I don't know what to do.
alexgagesmommy
by on Jan. 10, 2008 at 7:43 PM

i have 2 boys one is 3 and one is 2. my oldest wasn't even a year old when i found out i was pregnant with baby number 2. i was scared didn't know if i could handle it. but i love it. i look back now and think how silly i was for ever thinking it would be a problem. they keep themselves occupied by playing together. me and my sister are 5 yrs apart i have talked to her once in the past year. i only hope my boys will stay friends as they get older

LeahDonn
by on Jan. 11, 2008 at 10:36 AM

My brother and I are roughly two and a half years apart.  We get along great and we were there for each other through the good times and the bad...  We have always been really close.  I have a little sister that is 7 years younger than I am.  When she was growing up, she wanted to play Barbies while I wanted to chase the boys.  I always felt like more of a mother to her than a sister.  I never really appreciated my relationship with my sister until I got older and moved away...  My mom told me from the time my sister was born that I'd never be as close to her as I am my brother, and I have found that to be true for the most part.  Anyways, that it just from my personal experience growing up.  My husband and I have also been discussing baby #2 and our son is 12 months old.  I have said from the get go that I wanted my children close in age and that goes back to remembering how I grew up.  I want my children to feel like brothers and sisters, not parents - figures to their siblings.  But again, that's just from personal experience and not something that I think will work for everyone!!  Anyways, best luck in your final decision!

ida123
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I agree. Its time for both of you to have baby number 2.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN