Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

possible ear infection? ?

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm just guessing but I THINK my son has an ear infection.
I'll take him to a clinic tomorrow (if there is one open) but until then.

He is saying ow ow, and grabbing underneath his ear..he also has diarrhea.
Sound like an ear infection? ?
my kids have never really had one!
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 27, 2014 at 12:18 AM

Sorry I didn't see this yesterday.  It very well could be one.  Has he been sick with a cold?  Did you go to the clinic today?

MadamosielleM
by Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 12:35 AM

He could have an ear infection, or he could have a tooth coming in (depending on how old he is) or a cavity.  I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

ShowMustGoOn86
by Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 12:46 AM
How old is he? It could be teething or an infection. Watch his temp, make sure he drinks plenty of fluids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eggopreggo
by Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 12:55 AM
Thanks, he was pretty much well after having some sleep. Thankfully No complaints or anything since BUT I did notice a cough starting today. Nothing has been open because of Christmas and boxing day. Tomorrow there should for sure be a walk in at my regular doc.
MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 9:37 AM
A humidifier and letting him sit in a steamy bathroom will help with the cough and congestion. Try something like Mentholatum, Vicks or a natural alternative on his chest and the soles of his feet with socks.
emarin77
by Silver Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I think it is something different.  My son has ear infections sometimes and his whole ear hurts.  Still bring him to the clinic though.

othermom
by Gold Member on Dec. 27, 2014 at 4:41 PM

It is hard to say. when my daughter had a double ear infection, she was cranky, had a fever and wasn't eating much. The second time she got one she had an upset stomach

eggopreggo
by Member on Jan. 4, 2015 at 7:44 PM
Just thought I'd give u guys an update.
It was an ear infection.
He was fine for a few days. He wasn't complaining or anything then all of a sudden he just got REALLY sick and had a fever. Wouldn't eat, or move just laid on the couch and slept. The doc confirmed it was an infection in both ears. Now he's on penicillin and feeling better =)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)