Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In Laws

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM
  • 15 Replies
Does anyone not get along with sister in law? What if she never talks to you all u get is a hi and your sitting Christmas Eve together with her fiance, mother in law and your husband but no one is talking to you. So your upset, quiet and serious and just sit there and your writing your family back who lives in Puerto Rico on messaging but you're not on the phone the whole time and you get off your phone. You go to the room because baby has to nurse you come out and the sister storms out she can't believe this she's mad at you because her mom is upset at you but yet you said nothing and no one spoke to me. I even told my husband sit next to me to break the,ice a bit and nothing. So now they dislike u more when the sister of your husband really knows nothing of you. What do you do? I prefer not to speak to her and keep my distance. I'm not better than her but i don't need more stress in my life.
by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Sounds like a mess.  I love my SIL and MIL.  I went to Hawaii with them this summer.

MamaLauri
by Member on Dec. 25, 2014 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

In-laws can provide a challenge. Try to keep peace if you can, but leave them to their own drama. It seems at Christmas you feel your losses greater. I lost my FIL of nearly 40 years a few months ago. Your post reminded of my SIL and all her drama and my FIL who had intense wisdom and love.

waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I do not get along with one of my sil's at all. She is a pain in the ass. Yesterday we got together at my mil's house for Christmas dinner and all she could do was mouth off and belittle everyone, especially my 9 year old daughter and her 10 year old daughter. My mil ended up kicking her out.

hz911975
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:12 AM
That's awful I'm sorry to hear that. Well I've decided I want and need to distant myself from them. If they come over I'm not speaking one word to them. When someone doesn't like you and it's been obvious I rather not be spoken too. I don't like fake people and i don't want to hurt anyone feelings. Distance is best. Good luck with the situation

Quoting waytomanykids10:

I do not get along with one of my sil's at all. She is a pain in the ass. Yesterday we got together at my mil's house for Christmas dinner and all she could do was mouth off and belittle everyone, especially my 9 year old daughter and her 10 year old daughter. My mil ended up kicking her out.

LyTe684
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I get along with SIL. I do not get along with MIL. Should we happen to show up for the same event, I avoid her. Thankfully dh has plenty of cousins that I get along with so I sit with them.

If they were all purposely excluding me, I'd let dh know it's time to go.
mommieof38829
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 9:16 AM
I can't stand anyone kin to my husband. But we don't have anything to do with those people anymore. I made sure we cut those people out of our lives. Its for the best you might want to try it
hz911975
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 1:33 PM
I'm glimg to part ways from them unfortunately my husband is beyond close to his sister, mom, dad etc so that won't happen but like i told him I'm done on my end.

Quoting mommieof38829: I can't stand anyone kin to my husband. But we don't have anything to do with those people anymore. I made sure we cut those people out of our lives. Its for the best you might want to try it
mommieof38829
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Never say never. My husband use to go see his sister, her husband and their girlfriend nearly daily and he lived with his granny n father before we started dating. Since we got together and married they have been removed from our lives.

Quoting hz911975: I'm glimg to part ways from them unfortunately my husband is beyond close to his sister, mom, dad etc so that won't happen but like i told him I'm done on my end.

Quoting mommieof38829: I can't stand anyone kin to my husband. But we don't have anything to do with those people anymore. I made sure we cut those people out of our lives. Its for the best you might want to try it
LyTe684
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Well, what does he have to say about how they treat you?

Quoting hz911975: I'm glimg to part ways from them unfortunately my husband is beyond close to his sister, mom, dad etc so that won't happen but like i told him I'm done on my end.

hz911975
by Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 5:15 PM
He says nothing at,all he just looks at me shrugs his shoulders that's it.

Quoting LyTe684: Well, what does he have to say about how they treat you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)