Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats in your ideal car survial kit?

Posted by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am a single mother of a four year old boy. I work almost an hour away from work and my son's daycare. Other than

wipes

an outfit change for me

an outfit change for my son

What else should I put in my car survial kit?

by on Dec. 25, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AbbyWalsh
by Silver Member on Dec. 26, 2014 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Some bottled water.  A regular first-aid kit (bandaids and that sort of thing). Some plastic bags for car sickness, and lysol spray.  A few gallon sized ziplock bags (for anything dirty or gross).  Bug spray.  Sunscreen.  If you live in a place that gets snow - a snow shovel and ice scraper.  I always keep a few old towels in the trunk, they have many uses.  A can of Fix-a-Flat.  Cell phone charger.  Flares.  Jumper cables.  One of those tools that will slice through a seatbelt, and break a car window.  An umbrella.  A quiet toy for your son.  Snacks (in case you get stuck in a horrible traffic jam).  A card to keep in your glove compartment that has emergency contact info, and information about any medical conditions - in case you're in an accident and can't talk or are too flustered to remember.

squeekers
by on Dec. 26, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Buy a simple tarp to hang on to. We also have a couple of flairs, a road triangle for visibility. If we're going camping, I buy a box of peanut butter and chocolate granola bars in our emergency box as well as a few of the $1 gallon bottles of water. Oh my favorite thing is glow stick bracelets. I raid the 99 cent stores for tube of those. They have tube of 15 in a pack. They give everyone a happy way to find folks in the dark, a way to make yourself seen in need be roadside or in a power - out make a spot night light. My father puts one every other on the banister during storm warnings so people can see the way without power.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 26, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Do you live in a warm or a cold climate?  If you live in a cold place then blankets, cat litter(in case you get stuck in the snow it can give you traction to get out), some snacks, gloves, winter hat, flash light, pocket knife.  It is not good to leave bottled water in the vehicle because with constant temp changes it makes the plastic bad and can make you sick.  Taking water when you go with you each time is a solution to that.  Jumper cables, tools to change tires, a tire gauge.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:03 PM

Depending on your weather, a couple of very warm blankets. I keep a couple fleece ones in my car in the Winter.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:03 PM

First aid kit.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Flashlight

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:04 PM

Tire repair kit.

ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 28, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Yup! This is a very good list.

Quoting AbbyWalsh:

Some bottled water.  A regular first-aid kit (bandaids and that sort of thing). Some plastic bags for car sickness, and lysol spray.  A few gallon sized ziplock bags (for anything dirty or gross).  Bug spray.  Sunscreen.  If you live in a place that gets snow - a snow shovel and ice scraper.  I always keep a few old towels in the trunk, they have many uses.  A can of Fix-a-Flat.  Cell phone charger.  Flares.  Jumper cables.  One of those tools that will slice through a seatbelt, and break a car window.  An umbrella.  A quiet toy for your son.  Snacks (in case you get stuck in a horrible traffic jam).  A card to keep in your glove compartment that has emergency contact info, and information about any medical conditions - in case you're in an accident and can't talk or are too flustered to remember.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:47 PM

First aid kit, bottled water, flash light, etc.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I don't have anything but my coat
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)