Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My bio dad is creeping me out...

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:18 AM
  • 11 Replies
This is an update to a post I made about a month ago. I reached out to my bio dad and told him that he's a grandpa now. We've been talking and he wants to be apart of our lives now. I don't really have a problem with that but I just found out he's been putting up pictures of me and my son on his wall at home. It bothers me a little to know that since I'm not sure if he's putting up pictures I sent him through messenger or if he's pulling them directly from my Facebook. I really don't know what to think. Does it matter? Does it not matter? Is it creepy? Should I say something? I guess I wouldn't feel so paranoid about it if my FIL hadn't bragged to me about photoshopping the pictures I put up on FB of myself to look like I'm a demon.
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:45 AM
I don't think you should worry about the pictures. He wants some to hang up on his wall. Whats the big deal?
beadingmom17
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:17 AM
He's a proud father and grandpa. I'm sure that's all. I'd be more worried about the maturity of your FIL...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ready4happiness
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 10:19 AM
He lost out in lots of time with you. He may be just proud that you have reconnected and is showing it.
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I don't think it is creepy, he is probably excited. If it really bugs you then make it so he can't save the pics from your FB by changing the settings
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:31 PM
It's not creepy at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 28, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I'm not really getting why it's creepy.

mollydolly89
by on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:06 AM
It's not really a big deal at all. I guess I was just caught off guard, that's all. I mean, we just started talking and I haven't met with him in person yet. I just wanted some outside perspective so I don't end up flipping out, y'know? I really don't want to mess this opportunity to reconnect over something dumb.

Quoting oliveoil423: I don't think you should worry about the pictures. He wants some to hang up on his wall. Whats the big deal?
mollydolly89
by on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Yeah, my FIL is...well...an entirely different story.

Quoting beadingmom17: He's a proud father and grandpa. I'm sure that's all. I'd be more worried about the maturity of your FIL...
mollydolly89
by on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:09 AM
It really feels like he's determined to rip my self-esteem to shreds.

Quoting mollydolly89: Yeah, my FIL is...well...an entirely different story.

Quoting beadingmom17: He's a proud father and grandpa. I'm sure that's all. I'd be more worried about the maturity of your FIL...
kristawilder
by New Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:11 AM
I don't think that's creepy, I think it's sweet.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)