• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Warehouse Store Addict Spills Her 15 Top Tips for Saving Big

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 5 Replies

Warehouse Store Addict Spills Her 15 Top Tips for Saving Big

Hello, my name is Wendy and I am a warehouse store addict.

(Hi, Wendy!)

I love using my warehouse store membership to buy all the essentials most people think of like toilet paper and diapers but I also love to shop there to get great gifts and to save money in some other surprising ways.

Click here to see some of the other great deals warehouse stores have to offer!

Do you have any bulk-buying secrets to share, pretty please?

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ceciliam
by Cecilia on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:39 PM

I don't have a warehouse membership.

We have toured Sam's Club a few times but there isn't much I would buy. Things I buy in bulk, like pet food, didn't interest me there because they don't sell quality brands.

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:48 PM

I always match coupons with sales.  For example: Tide went on sale at my kroger for 8.99. Originally 9.99.  If I bought 5 products I saved 5 bucks.  So I had a 2.00 off coupon. I bought 5 items (mix and match), had coupons for it all, etc.  I ended up paying for tide:  6.99.  Saving me 3 bucks total on it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:27 PM

We live pretty far from any warehouse stores so we hardly ever go and we let our membership go.  I just match coupons and sales at the stores that are closer. 

lulumomof2
by Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:32 AM

I have a Sam's club membership. For us it pays off more than double what the membership costs. Of course I do go through the ads (and coupons) first. I will make my list (with price matches and coupons factored in) and head to Sam's. There are many times where the item I'm wanting to buy is cheaper on sale somewhere else, but for things that I need to buy that aren't on sale, 99% of the time its cheaper at Sam's. 

I buy chicken (boneless, skinless) there as well as their 90% lean burger. I will often split items with a friend (my friend that I normally split with lives in a town home and doesn't have the space to store a lot). And gas at their gas station is normally at least 3 cents cheaper than anywhere else. We now have a Sam's club just up the street from us (where the other Sam's was at least 20 minutes away). 

There are somethings I won't buy at Sam's like (as another poster mentioned) dogfood or dog treats. As the brands they sell aren't good quality dogfood (IMO). 

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 29, 2014 at 4:27 PM

It is $50 to get a membership at the warehouse store near here. I've belonged in the past and find I don't use the items enough to save me much more than the cost of membership.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)