• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Acne remedies

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:11 PM
  • 12 Replies
What are some of your favorite acne cleaning products? Can be natural remedies or OTC or department store, etc...

Looking to clear up my face, back, chest after a surprise breakout
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:18 PM

I use Proactive. I've heard that diaper rash cream will dry up a blemish.

waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I eat healthier foods and I quit using all those over the counter acne cleaners. I just wash my face really well with warm water. My face has cleared up a lot.

Bmat
by Barb on Dec. 29, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I highly recommend going to a dermatologist. It may seem expensive, but you'll be diagnosed and told what to use- it will save money and time in the end.

Have you thought about if you are sensitive to certain foods? I find I break out if I eat oranges. So no OJ for me.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 12:46 AM
Tea tree oil
Adnalor
by Bronze Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 12:51 AM
I use proactiv too. I haven't had a breakout since I started using it.
KW123
by Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I agree with "Bmat".  Not all "acne" is really acne.  If this was a rare outbreak, it could be something else.  If it happens again go to your Dr.

KW123
by Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Alkali metal gives me acne-like breakouts.

Quoting Bmat:

I highly recommend going to a dermatologist. It may seem expensive, but you'll be diagnosed and told what to use- it will save money and time in the end.

Have you thought about if you are sensitive to certain foods? I find I break out if I eat oranges. So no OJ for me.

Skhart88
by Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:20 PM
I probably should've included this but it happened as a response to a birth control my doc out me on. I stopped the pill immediately when I realized that's what had caused it. Ever since dd was born I've had week and a half long periods and she said it would shorten and lighten them but this is not worth that lol.

It's is acne, that I'm sure of but I would prefer not to take antibiotics for it until I've exhausted other remedies.

Quoting KW123:

I agree with "Bmat".  Not all "acne" is really acne.  If this was a rare outbreak, it could be something else.  If it happens again go to your Dr.

Skhart88
by Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM
I don't think so but I did some research online about clean eating helping to clear skin. I'm going to be a lot better about the quality of food I eat and no junk food at all

Quoting Bmat:

Skhart88
by Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I tried pure tea tree oil and it didn't work so I bought a tea tree soap for acne and it has definitely helped

Quoting a_and_j_momma: Tea tree oil
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)