Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toddler on a different level of the house??

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 6 Replies
We're going tomorrow to look at a house. My husband and I both really like it and it's newly remodeled! The only downside is that only two of the bedrooms are upstairs and we have 3 kids....(Dd 6months,Dd,18 months,Ds 31 months) Our youngest is still in our room so one of them would end up downstairs (it's a really nice finished basement with a den and 1 bedroom but) however, I still don't know if that's a good idea because it just seems so far lol. I could always buy a video baby monitor but it's still scary. Advice???
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ShowMustGoOn86
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I wouldn't. Our small kids are all on the second floor with us. We have three teenagers, and they have rooms in the basement level, which they love, and I'm fine with, since they're bigger, but I would never have a toddler separated from me by stairs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:46 PM

I would keep them together in the room on the same level by you until they are a little older. 

sabrtooth1
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM

There is no way on God's earth I would put a child to sleep on a different floor than me, and NEVER in a basement.  PERHAPS I would allow an older teen to sleep in a basement, but only if it had a full size exit door to the OUTSIDE, and a breakaway window that can be climbed out of in the bedroom.  Otherwise, if there is a fire, they would die.  That's all there is to know.

MusherMaggie
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 7:31 AM
At those ages, I would let the older two share a room for a while. I'm assuming one is a boy and the other a girl.
waytomanykids10
by on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:10 AM

No way, what if there is a fire? There is no possible way you could get all of them out. I would put the 2 oldest in the same room instead.

almburr
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM
I'd be fine with it. But that's the way I grew up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)