Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was the first job you ever had?

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:32 AM
  • 75 Replies

For me, I was 16 and a friend was working at a restaurant. She asked if I wanted to come work there as well, as a dishwasher.  It was a buffet restaurant so lots of dishes to wash.  I eventually worked my way up to bussing tables and then the restaurant morphed into a bar which meant I was no longer old enough to work there. I then went on to work in an ice cream/sub shop. Oh, my aching wrist after scooping ice cream all day long!

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roo1234
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:34 AM
I was 14, and my job was to watch for shoplifters at the local record store.
Everyone thought i was just "hanging out" except for the employees.
TheRingmaster
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:51 AM
16.... I was a bagger at Schnucks supermarket.
My snazzy blue jean shirt was awesome.
Reese2010727
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:53 AM
I was a Fossil Rep at 16
Mommatoobe
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:54 AM

I got my first job at 12 babysitting every day after school 230-630 for 3 kids 5-10. My first Taxed job was bussing at a mexican resturant.

Lzabierek
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:55 AM
15 & at subway. It still pisses me off when I go to one, to get a sandwich. I made them PERFECT & everyone now just throws the cheap on there. I'm tired of all my ingredients falling out of the bread! :(
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM

A summer job between my junior and senior year of HS.  I worked at a place my Dad had worked as a secretary.  It was 40 hours a week.  I loved it.  I was paid like $2 an hour since that was minimum wage then.  They let me off for a vacation and also for mornings when I needed to go to band practice 2 weeks before school started. 

illneverbeold
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:03 AM

14 years old and I worked on the side of the road in a trailor that looked like a hotdog. LOL $5/hr and it paid for my swimming club, school clothes and jamocha shakes at Arby's. 

Mygirl30248
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:08 AM

12 years old, began working by cleaning the furniture store & movie rental store my grandfather worked at. I also worked the front desk once I learned too for movie rentals. At 13 years old I began to babysit, for the same family, she had a small boy & often times I'd stay home alone at their house or she'd bring me to meetings etc to watch over him when it was a long ways away or her husband wasn't near by in case we needed help (he was a forest ranger or maybe trooper something). After that I babysat other children too. 16 years old I worked at a call center, this was my Sophomore year in highschool (the same call center I'm back at now lol 12 years later!). 17 years old I began waitressing & continued that for quite some time until I had DD 

Courtney610
by Silver Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:10 AM
When I turned 15, I worked in housekeeping at a resort. I started babysitting every day after school when I was 12, until I started the other job.
KCartair
by Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:14 AM
I was 15 working at the daycare my kids are at now. But I was working with After school care
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)