Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hidden Valley Copy Cat Ranch Recipe

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:57 AM
  • 3 Replies

I used to spend over $1 a package for a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing packet to make quite a few appetizer recipes.
A while back I stumbled across this copycat recipe. It's relatively close and costs pennies to make. You can tweak this to fit your taste. I using a heaping serving for all these measurements.

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

1 tsp dried parsely flakes
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp Accent
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
pinch of dried thyme

Add to 2 cups of sour cream for dip or 8 oz. of cream cheese for cheese ball.

To make salad dressing, mix with 1 cup mayo, 1 cup buttermilk.

Do you have a favorite copy cat recipe to share?

by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 6, 2015 at 9:49 AM

This is so neat! 

At one time I had one for bisquick, but it was so easy to just measure out the bisquick that I let the recipe slide. Even the ranch recipe above would be a little tedious unless made in a larger amount so that you could just reach for it when needed and not have to assemble all of the ingredients each time.

I use a lot of the ranch dressing mix, so I will be making this one. Thank you!

Cafe AmyB
by Head Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I make up more than one serving. I put them in teeny tupperware containers or little snack sized baggies.

Quoting Bmat:

This is so neat! 

At one time I had one for bisquick, but it was so easy to just measure out the bisquick that I let the recipe slide. Even the ranch recipe above would be a little tedious unless made in a larger amount so that you could just reach for it when needed and not have to assemble all of the ingredients each time.

Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:19 AM

I love this idea!  Single servings?  This would even save measuring when in the middle of a recipe. Thank you for another good idea.

Quoting Cafe AmyB:

I make up more than one serving. I put them in teeny tupperware containers or little snack sized baggies.

Quoting Bmat:

This is so neat! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)