Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For the moms who wear contacts HELP

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:52 PM
  • 25 Replies
Ok so I'm new to the contact world. But the ones I got ate pretty ok in my newbie opinion. But they fit my right eye weird. Like I constantly have to readjust it or whatever. So I called my eye doctor and he gave me a new sample but tbis time they're the bio true. I've never even heard of them. They have a bigger base curve which is why they gave me them cause the dailies total, which feel pretty good, have a smaller base curve and don't go up. So my question is how do you like them if you've had them or have them? How are they on moisture?
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tckosdk.2012
by Bronze Member on Jan. 6, 2015 at 11:44 PM

I guess you have to try out different ones. It also depends on your visual needs. I am near-sighted & also have an astigmatism. I love Acuvue Advanced for astigmatism. This is the only brand I can wear.

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:13 AM
You just have to keep trying different ones but give them a few days. If you keep moisturizing and make sure they aren't inside out or on the wrong eye. You should have been able to try differenrt ones at the office
Bookoholic
by Silver Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:20 AM
2 moms liked this
Acuvue oasis is the ones my mom and I like best.
TheRingmaster
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:06 AM
You have to find what you like.
I have to have very expensive contacts. I have astigmatism in both eyes plus dry eye issues and I'm legally blind in my left eye.
So mine are pricey.
I love mine but I use monthly contact.
Dailies are silly imo.
Baechlemom2
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:26 AM
See I swore they told me I had astigmatism with one of my eyes but I can't remember. If these don't work I'll have to call them again.

Quoting Tckosdk.2012:

I guess you have to try out different ones. It also depends on your visual needs. I am near-sighted & also have an astigmatism. I love Acuvue Advanced for astigmatism. This is the only brand I can wear.

Baechlemom2
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:30 AM
They didn't even tell me how to moisturizer lol other then taking them out and putting more solution on. I like the dailies because they're hassle free and worry free but with the way they start to dry out after like 5 hours, which I don't know if its normal or not, I'm thinking I might have to use the pricier ones. The ones they had me try on in the office felt fine on my eyes. They were just the regular dailies. But when the doctor came in and told me about these other ones he really wanted me to try I didn't take the ones I had in to put those in. It's like they're fine at first until an hour or two of wear then they start shifting.

Quoting a_and_j_momma: You just have to keep trying different ones but give them a few days. If you keep moisturizing and make sure they aren't inside out or on the wrong eye. You should have been able to try differenrt ones at the office
Baechlemom2
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:34 AM
I swore that I had been told that I had astigmatism but I don't go to the eye doctor hardly, except for when I'm due for an exam. But if these ones don't work I'll have to ask. The dailies are hassle and worry free. I like that I don't have to soak them in solution or worry about sanitizing. If I have to get more expensive ones so be it. They were also supposed to only be for occasional wear but I really like not having to wear glasses lol Which I had mentioned to them at my initial fitting.

Quoting TheRingmaster: You have to find what you like.
I have to have very expensive contacts. I have astigmatism in both eyes plus dry eye issues and I'm legally blind in my left eye.
So mine are pricey.
I love mine but I use monthly contact.
Dailies are silly imo.
Jenm5314
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this
They may have told you that you have astigmatism but it really depends on the severity of it whether or not you have to wear the contact for it. I have astigmatism in my left eye but didn't have to start wearing the contact for it until about 3 years ago, I've had it for as long as I can remember. You may want to discuss that with your dr though just to be sure. I wear air optix for astigmatism and they're great!
Baechlemom2
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:35 AM
I think that's what my sister in law said she uses too.

Quoting Bookoholic: Acuvue oasis is the ones my mom and I like best.
smack05
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 7:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Your only supposed to wear them for a few hours the first day then like 4 hours the 2ed day intill your eyes gets used to them also you can just pit wetting drops in your eyes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)