Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As a new mom, what was the one thing you couldn't live without?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

A friend is having a baby shower in two weeks and would love to give her something awesome. What's the one thing you couldn't live without with a newborn?

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
TylersMom999
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:30 AM

My baby sling

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Well, mine are 20 something so we didn't have all the bells and whistles that many have today.  Many you don't need.  I think you need the essentials of course, like a baby bath, baby towels, diapers etc.  The only thing I wish I had and I bottle fed was a warmer by the bed.  I had to go downstairs with a screaming baby and get a bottle and warm it up.  That is really about it.  I had happy babies and never wore them or slept with them.  I am sure if I had a fussy baby I would have probably tried it maybe. 

sabrtooth1
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:30 PM

A warmer really isn't necessary.  I daycare my grands, and feed them right out of the fridge.  Also, for liability reasons, most daycares now want the parents to premix all the bottles for the day, and bring them with the baby.  They sit in the fridge all day.

Since my grands are 4 mos, 9 mos and 3 years, I'd say what most moms need is a good Pack N Play, a Rock N Play, a Boppy,  a car seat cover like Bundle Me, or Cosy Cover, and a shopping cart seat cover. 

WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:30 PM

Baby carrier/sling, burp cloths and receiving blankets are some that I can think of. I got an Ergo as a baby shower gift and it was hands down one of the best gifts I received.

Courtney610
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:37 PM
A boppy and Moby wrap.
Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:39 PM
A sling or wrap!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)