Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sick baby.. so sad

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:41 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hello everyone. I am new to cafemom & I am desperately looking for some good ol' home remedies. My son will be 7 months on the 21st. He currently has RSV and he is so unbelievably miserable.. It hurts my heart to see him like this. He's terribly congested. He's got an awful cough. And his breathing is rough. We've been to the ER and pediatrician. He has a nebulizer, inhaler, & he's on prednosone. He do the steam shower, we do the humidifier, we do the Vicks baby rub on feet,chest,and back.. We keep propped up, and have been using pedialyte.. We do warm baths, we use the saline and nose syringe. Annnnnnd NOTHING seems to be helping. Pleeeease.... All advice, suggestions, or ideas welcomed. Thanks!!!
by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 5:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

You are really doing all you can do.  Sometimes we just have to wait out things like this.  Just know it will end at some point. 

Courtney610
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:55 PM

You're doing exactly what you should be doing.  Big hugs, mama.

TylersMom999
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 6:56 PM

How long has he been on all the meds?  If you dont think his condition is improving go with your gut feelings and take him back to the doctor....How long did the doctor say it would be before you saw improvement after starting the meds?

midema
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM
He just started the prednosone on sun. Its a 5 day medication. I took him to ER Monday cuz his breathing scared me... That's where they told me he had RSV and that it could take 10 days. So we are day 4 into it...
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:14 PM

First off, welcome to CafeMom.  I hope your little one feels better, poor baby.  Hang in there.  I have two kids with asthma and all three of my kids were really sick often as babies so I have been there.  I honestly can't think of anything else to add then what you have been doing except just to give it time.  Hugs to you.  I will say if he continues to not improve or to get worse go in again.  I hope he feels better tomorrow. 

midema
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:25 PM
Thank u ladies soooo very much for ur replies.
virginiamama71
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:57 PM

I hope he feels better soon.   (hugs) 

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 1:35 AM
Hope he feels better soon. It sounds like you are doing all you can do
johnny4ever
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 7:20 AM

You are doing everything possible...HUGS!

janessa27
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 8:21 AM

It sounds like you are doing everything you can- hugs and hope he gets well soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)