Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got a climber!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:27 PM
  • 34 Replies

My son turned 1 last month and has figured out how to climb. Hes figured out how to get out of his pack-n-play, over the short baby gates and is doing his best to figure out how to climb out of his crib! Is there anything I can do to keep him from climbing out of his crib? We got taller baby gates and put up the pack-n-play and the crib has been lowered all the way. I just don't want him to figure out how to get out of the crib! Any advice would be great!

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Get a canopy thing
Wish2Be
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 8:05 AM

I think having a climber would give me a heartattck ! I was pretty lucky with mine.

Is there a way to fill in the gaps in the crib ?

MamaLauri
by Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 8:11 AM

My son was a super climber, and needed to be put on a mattress on the floor at 9 months. We kept a baby gate on the outside of his door.

Gabbysmom615
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 8:44 AM
nothing you can do about that but baby proof and keep your eye on them
janessa27
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 8:58 AM

My son is also! He will be 2 in April and this child climbs on everything! We baby proof the best we can and try to keep things (that he stacks up) put up or moved so it isn't as easy. He will put his stuffed animals in a pile and climb into his crib but thank goodness he has never tried to climb out!

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 21, 2015 at 9:14 AM

My second is a climber.  We just watch him closely.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

LaniBee
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 9:36 AM

My second DD was a climber. I ended up putting her in a toddler bed and extreme baby-proofing her room. 

AbbeysMom2013
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 9:41 AM
They make baby tents to go over the top that zip :) they look crazy, but hey it's safer!
splatz
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2015 at 12:03 PM

My older DD started climbing out of her crib after her first birthday. Once it became a regular thing I just moved her to the toddler bed and made sure the room was as safe as possible. I also kept a gate at the entrance to her door. 

I never found anything that actually worked to keep her in the crib. Some kids are just extra crazy lol. 

delanna6two
by on Jan. 21, 2015 at 12:45 PM

A walker or room where you can shut the door and watch him?  Our living area was the largest so when mine were toddlers, I would move everything out and back and leave a big open space and watch them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)