Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've never worn makeup before

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
How do I pick the color foundation/ powder/ concealer/ lipstick/ eye shadow palate/ liner pencil?

I go to walmart because someone said ELF since I'm new and it's good for practice but I can't try it on my skin like they said since it's in a sealed package. Where do I go? I don't want to spend a fortune but I want a basic fresh look for a new job I'm interviewing for.

I've watched enough YouTube videos to get the basics product types but color is a mystery. :-/
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
SewingMamaLele
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:33 AM
Start with a skin matching foundation... Generally a BB cream. I'm white, but not porcelain, so I go with medium.

Or, buy a halfway decent foundation so you can try it first.
MissTacoBell
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:36 PM

bump

atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 1:39 PM

I would get  makeover somewhere like Meryl Norman or at the mall at a makeup counter.  You don't have to buy anything at the mall makeup counters.  

Mom2Just1
by Mom2boys on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Sephora is great. They do free make up with no purchase. Also if you purchase make up and dont like it it can be returned even opened.
WILDCATGAL78
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Do you know anyone who does Avon or Mary Kay? Those are a couple other options in addition to what's been mentioned.

Courtney610
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 3:40 PM
I highly recommend going to a dept store makeup counter, sephora or Ulta.
countrygirlkat
by Kathleen on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:07 PM
Mary Kay often does free facials and they can give you am idea and then you could maybe buy some from them and the rest at Walmart.
mlomax07
by on Feb. 6, 2015 at 10:25 PM

as a mary kay beauty consultant, i may be a little biased (lol) however, if you contact a local consultant, she will provide you with a complimentary facial which will include a color cosnultation....at your consultation the consultant will take the opportunity to matcu your foundation shade expertly to your skin tone...we have varying foundations to choose from {liquid, powder, cream to powder, mineral) remember, the consultation is strictly complimentary a nd you are under no obligation to purchase anything!!!!!

proverbs 31 woman

mlomax07@yahoo.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)