• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tomboy?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

I grew up in a neighborhood of nothing but boys. Brothers, cousins, neighbors that moved in-even the kids i did babysitting for were mostly boys. I grew up playing football, building forts in the woods, playing in dirt piles, skateboarding. We moved there when I was 5 and as a little kid you don't want to play by yourself and none of the boys would play Barbie. LOL I am still something of a Tomboy-I love football, I have no problem getting dirty etc. DD seems to be like me. She gets along great with her guy friends and is rough around the edges for a 16 year old girl. Were you a tomboy? Is your DD a tomboy?

by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amje
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:39 AM
Yes and yes
angl_gurl1
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:42 AM

i was

Rhiannon1980
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:43 AM
I have a son. But I am a big tomboy. Been my whole life. I love mechanics, hunting and fighting. Dh says its a part of me he fell in love with and not to change when I have asked him if I should be more girly.
almburr
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 7:44 AM
Yes I was big time! No my girls are not. They loved dresses and makeup and being cute. But they will get dirty. Life of a country girl.
Bmat
by Barb on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:43 AM

No I wasn't.  Girly girl here. :)

Courtney610
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:45 AM
I was in the middle. I like playing outside and getting dirty, but I can also be girly.

I have 3 sons.
gonecrazi
by Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 9:50 AM

I was not a Tomboy, but dd is.

redneckgal11
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Yes, I was a huge tomboy. I was always getting called as a boy when I was a child because of my short hair, no boobs, the clothes I wore, and the way I acted lol!

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2015 at 10:14 AM

Yup, played in the woods with the boys, soccer, wall ball.  Babysat boys too. Liked hanging out with the boys too in high school as well as the girls.   I have only a 6 year old son too.

taylorsmom1987
by on Jan. 31, 2015 at 11:35 AM
Yes for me, my dd likes ninja turtles alot which most would say is a boys show she has toys and shirt and pjs for them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)