Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wtf does this mean?!

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2015 at 8:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
The ultrasound tech called me today about my ultrasound yesterday and said my umbilical cord was off to the side, so now my next appointment i need another ultrasound just to watch the babies growth. She was vague obviously since she wasn't the doctor but I'm not sure what she meant. Is my cord attached to the side of the placenta? Is my baby going to have more of a 3rd nipple than a belly button lol!?
Any ideas?
by on Feb. 3, 2015 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2015 at 8:18 PM
They need to watch the growth. Some babies don't grow right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TashaLav
by Member on Feb. 3, 2015 at 8:24 PM
Yea i was thinking that i just didn't know what she meant by the cord on the side and the placenta

Quoting atlmom2: They need to watch the growth. Some babies don't grow right.
atlmom2
by Ruby Member on Feb. 3, 2015 at 8:26 PM
Less nutrition

Quoting TashaLav: Yea i was thinking that i just didn't know what she meant by the cord on the side and the placenta

Quoting atlmom2: They need to watch the growth. Some babies don't grow right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taylorsmom1987
by on Feb. 3, 2015 at 10:13 PM
I am not sure good luck i am sure your baby will be fine
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:03 AM
Usually it is in on top so maybe something to do with compression as the baby grows
TashaLav
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:25 AM
No the placenta is actually in the right spot already this time. I had placenta previa with my other children but it always took care of itself. I have to call back again tomorrow I'll have to ask because it's driving me crazy!

Quoting a_and_j_momma: Usually it is in on top so maybe something to do with compression as the baby grows
a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:30 AM
I thought you said it was off to the side so I must have misunderstood

Quoting TashaLav: No the placenta is actually in the right spot already this time. I had placenta previa with my other children but it always took care of itself. I have to call back again tomorrow I'll have to ask because it's driving me crazy!

Quoting a_and_j_momma: Usually it is in on top so maybe something to do with compression as the baby grows
TashaLav
by Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:40 AM
Sorry no my fault! I shouldn't even try to post when my kiddos are up.
I asked about my placenta since it always covered my cervix before and she said it was nice and high. She explained it so weird my cord is attached on the side. Which made me think of a baby with a belly button on the side. So idk what's attahed where.

Quoting a_and_j_momma: I thought you said it was off to the side so I must have misunderstood

Quoting TashaLav: No the placenta is actually in the right spot already this time. I had placenta previa with my other children but it always took care of itself. I have to call back again tomorrow I'll have to ask because it's driving me crazy!

a_and_j_momma
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2015 at 1:48 AM
Lol ahhhh, I get it now. Yeah, I would ask bc I would be thinking the same thing

Quoting TashaLav: Sorry no my fault! I shouldn't even try to post when my kiddos are up.
I asked about my placenta since it always covered my cervix before and she said it was nice and high. She explained it so weird my cord is attached on the side. Which made me think of a baby with a belly button on the side. So idk what's attahed where.

Quoting a_and_j_momma: I thought you said it was off to the side so I must have misunderstood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)